Making Math-Based Decisions: What's Your Choice and Why?

• Thread starter ƒ(x)
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Choice
In summary, the conversation discusses two options for a game, one being math-based and the other involving armor and swords. The participants share their opinions on which option they would choose and the factors they considered, such as total damage, attack speed, critical hit percentage, and dodge percentage. The conversation also mentions the importance of knowing the damage scale of the game and the usefulness of static damage increases.
ƒ(x)
23mvgp0.png

Which one would you choose and why?

Math would probably be a good way to explain your choices.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, forgot to resize

I think i would go in for the green sword because many attacks per minute
total damage(considering all hits) = 180 * 50 =9000 which is max in the group.
The speed also gives the opponent less chance to dodge.

For the armour ... blue one would be my choice.

I don't want to type everything I did, but taking into account critical hit percentage and multipliers, I got:

if x = crit chance (decimal), c = crit multiplier (integer)
xc > 5/7
then the red sword is better. But, then I realized I had to take into account dodges and got lazy.

Btw, I meant to put this in the brainteasers section because of the math component.

thank for sharing about this game..
A game like Oni with a story but not like mortal combat or virtual fighter. A game that can be played in PC.

Definitely the dodge, because later in the game, the percentage of total damage which will be absorbed by a static reduction will get lower.

Of course, I would also need to know the damage scale of the game (what numbers are we working with).

Also, the green sword because static damage increases are quite common (and it is also useful if special skill activation is concurrent with your next hit).

1. How does math play a role in decision making?

Math is a valuable tool in decision making because it helps to quantify and analyze data, providing a logical and objective basis for decisions. By using mathematical equations, models, and statistical analysis, we can evaluate the potential outcomes of different choices and make more informed decisions.

2. What are some common math-based decision making techniques?

Some common math-based decision making techniques include cost-benefit analysis, decision trees, linear programming, and statistical analysis. These methods help to identify the most optimal and efficient course of action based on numerical data and criteria.

3. How can I improve my math-based decision making skills?

Improving math-based decision making skills involves practicing and honing your mathematical and analytical abilities. This can be done through solving math problems, learning new mathematical concepts and techniques, and applying them to real-life scenarios. Additionally, seeking guidance from professionals or taking courses in decision analysis and mathematical modeling can also improve your skills.

4. What are the potential drawbacks of relying on math-based decisions?

While math-based decisions can provide a logical and objective approach to decision making, they can also have limitations. Depending solely on numerical data may overlook important qualitative factors, and incorrect data or assumptions can lead to faulty decisions. It's important to use a combination of math-based analysis and critical thinking skills when making decisions.

5. How do I determine which math-based decision making technique is best for a specific situation?

The best math-based decision making technique for a specific situation will depend on the type of problem, the available data, and the desired outcome. For example, linear programming may be useful for optimizing resources, while decision trees may be more suitable for evaluating multiple options with uncertain outcomes. It's important to consider the unique factors of each situation and choose the most appropriate technique accordingly.