Need a website that explains general physics 2 (electricity and magnetism)

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's experience in taking gen. physics 2 and their search for a helpful online resource for the subject. They mention the difference between gen. physics 2 and classical mechanics, as well as their positive experience with using "Paul's Online Math notes" for calc III. The speaker is now looking for a similar resource for their physics 2 class, as their teacher is difficult to understand and they want a deeper understanding of the concepts. The suggested website, www.khanacademy.org, is recommended as a great option with numerous online lessons available.
yaganon
I'm taking gen. physics 2, which consists of electric fields, magnetism, stuff like that. Big difference from classical mechanics in physics 1.

I remember in calc III, I learned nothing from my professor because he didn't know how to teach. I basically learned the entire course from Paul's Online Math notes. I have recommended this site to my tutees, and they're all very happy about that.

I'm trying to find something similar to this for my physics 2 class online. My teacher is very difficult to understand. I want to be able to understand the concepts in this class, and not just plug the numbers into the equations. Is there a place online similar to "Paul's online math notes" but for physics?

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is electricity and magnetism?

Electricity and magnetism are two fundamental forces that govern the behavior of matter. Electricity is the flow of electric charge, while magnetism is the force exerted by electrically charged particles in motion.

2. What are some real-life applications of electricity and magnetism?

Electricity and magnetism have a wide range of applications in our daily lives, such as powering electronics, generating electricity, and medical imaging technologies like MRI machines.

3. What is the relationship between electricity and magnetism?

Electricity and magnetism are closely related and are often referred to as electromagnetism. This is because an electric current creates a magnetic field, and a changing magnetic field can induce an electric current.

4. What are some key concepts in electricity and magnetism?

Some key concepts in electricity and magnetism include electric charge, electric fields, magnetic fields, electromagnetic waves, and the relationship between electricity and magnetism.

5. How can I apply the principles of electricity and magnetism in web design?

While the principles of electricity and magnetism may not directly apply to web design, understanding how electric and magnetic fields interact can help with creating layouts, animations, and other visual elements on a website.