What is a good substitute for pumpkin pie spice in a pumpkin dip recipe?

• Thread starter enigma
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cooking
In summary: I omit it from my pumpkin pies and everyone always says I make the best and want the recipe. :biggrin: In summary, the recipe calls for 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of nutmeg, and 1/8 tsp of ground cloves, and 1/8 tsp of ground ginger. Zz. found everything else except for the pumpkin pie spice, which is cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Better to buy the store-brand version of the spice and omit the ginger snaps.
ZapperZ said:
Y'know, Moonbie, ever since we had this conversation, everytime I make my hot chocolate, I keep thinking of you. You have invaded my subconscious thingy. How'd you managed to do that?
Talent. :biggrin: :rofl:

But then again, everytime I make or have a pumpkin pie, I'd probably be thinking of enigma.
Well, if you had said that first, I might have had an interesting interpretation. :uhh:

Then again, last night, the group of guys I was hanging out with wanted to go out for dessert and/or coffee (well, apparently my friend lost a bet and owed them dessert), so we get to the place and as my friend and I were discussing the difficulty in deciding between chocolate cake and cheesecake (we decided she'd get the cheesecake and I'd get the chocolate and then we could share both), one asked, "Is cheesecake different from chocolate cake?" After we stopped laughing, I asked, "You don't cook, do you?" Enigma immediately popped into my mind as I was talking with this other guy who was totally clueless about the kitchen.