Ever wanted to help name a small pumpkin?

• Thread starter Smasherman
  • Start date
In summary, the pumpkin was given to the speaker for their birthday and they have decided to name it Garnet.
Smasherman
I got a small pumpkin for my birthday today. I can't think of a name, however. It's about four inches tall and wide and has about a 1.5 inch stem. It's very orange.

I want to name it "tiny pumpkin" in a non-english language, preferably one I can pronounce (it uses mostly sounds found in english, though I can replicate other sounds fairly well).

So, any suggestions?

Edit: Nevermind, I picked out a name.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Abobora minuscula

(Portugese)

Oh, hi. I didn't think anyone was going to bother (I'm a bit impatient, sorry). One of my friends suggested Garnet. I've decided to go with it, since garnets can be orange.

Thanks anyway, though.

In German:

Winzig Kurbis

(with an umlaut over the "u").

In Russian:

Ochyen Malenkaya Teekva

or

Kroshechnaya Teekva.

In French:

Tout Petit Potiron.

name...pumpkin...?

I just spent my 17th birthday mostly alone. I got a pumpkin, so I'm naming it.

Pumpkins are cool. I have one. I don't name them though. I just call it "pumpkin".

Are you planning on decorating it for halloween?

Nope, no decoration. I like it as it is. I'll probably bring it to school with me, though. I might give it jewelry or something, though. I don't have any, but I have a lot of female friends, so I imagine I can obtain some. I'd send a picture, but I'm sorely lacking in any way of doing so.

Smasherman said:
Nope, no decoration. I like it as it is. I'll probably bring it to school with me, though. I might give it jewelry or something, though. I don't have any, but I have a lot of female friends, so I imagine I can obtain some. I'd send a picture, but I'm sorely lacking in any way of doing so.
I don't think it'll be a good idea to take the pumpkin to school. After all, what if it gets dropped on the floor?

Hmm, you may have a point. I don't want anything to damage Garnet. Garnet's very small, though.

Chota Kaddu (urdu for little pumpkin)

Is kaddu pumpkin? Little Kaddu would be a nice nickname.

Happy Birthday, Smasherman!!11

honestrosewater said:
Happy Birthday, Smasherman!!11

zoobyshoe said:
In French:
Tout Petit Potiron.
We could even say "Citrouille". :wink:

TeTeC said:
We could even say "Citrouille". :wink:
Is that a better word for it? I was just looking everything up in the dictionary.

Smasherman said:
Name it... jenny, the most beautiful name in the world.

Or you could name it TDK. Or the Terminator.

1. What is the purpose of naming a small pumpkin?

The purpose of naming a small pumpkin is to give it a unique identity and make it stand out from other pumpkins. It can also be a fun and creative activity for individuals or groups.

2. How do I come up with a good name for a small pumpkin?

There is no right or wrong way to name a small pumpkin. You can use your imagination, think of puns or wordplay, or even draw inspiration from popular culture. The most important thing is to have fun and be creative!

3. Can I name someone else's small pumpkin?

It is always polite to ask for permission before naming someone else's pumpkin. This is especially important if the pumpkin belongs to a friend or family member.

4. Is there a limit to how many pumpkins I can name?

No, there is no limit to how many pumpkins you can name. You can name as many pumpkins as you want, as long as you have the time and creativity to come up with unique names for each one.

5. Do I have to physically write the name on the pumpkin?

No, you do not have to physically write the name on the pumpkin. You can use a label or tag to attach the name to the pumpkin, or simply keep a list of the names you have given to different pumpkins.