Why Can't We Produce Energy from Air Molecules When the Sun is Shining?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using the sun's energy from warm air to produce energy without using solar cells. However, it is explained that this is not possible due to the random motion of air molecules and the laws of thermodynamics. Existing methods such as solar thermal energy and the thermoelectric effect are mentioned as ways to extract energy from sunlight and temperature differences. The concept of "shining energy" is clarified as thermal radiation, but it is ultimately concluded that there is no way to extract this energy without using some sort of technology.
elone
Sun shining on Earth and make it warm but its not warm enough to make energy of it
What happened to air molkols when it getting hot?
Why we can concentrate light by miror whitout spend energy but we can't do it on air? We need power to compres air to make it warmer and we can use it to produce energy
I say if we can change the propertice of hot molkol to less hots , energy will concetrate and transferred to nighber molkols
Do you think its posible?
Sorry for my bad english

Engineering news on Phys.org
molkols? Do you mean molecules?
In hot air, those molecules are moving faster.

Sun shining on Earth and make it warm but its not warm enough to make energy of it
Solar thermal energy and solar updraft towers (just prototypes) exist.

Why we can concentrate light by miror whitout spend energy but we can't do it on air?
Air is not light. The molecules in hot air have a random motion, while sunlight comes from one direction only.

I don't mean lighting energy i asking to transmite random motion energy to other moulkoles of air
Yes I am new on english language sorry about that

i asking to transmite random motion energy to other moulkoles of air
That is not possible in an "ordered" way, as the motion is completely unordered.

I think what you mentioned is referred as a classic example against the second law of thermodynamics.

No i say use sun energy from air temperture

As jiayue9 and me explained, this is not possible.
You would need some colder material nearby to extract useful energy.

Like mfb said there is a way of extracting energy directly from heat but it requires a difference in temperatures between two sides. It is called the Thermoelectric effect you can read it on wikipedia.

www.wikipedia.com/wiki/Thermoelectricity

dbmorpher said:
Like mfb said there is a way of extracting energy directly from heat but it requires a difference in temperatures between two sides. It is called the Thermoelectric effect you can read it on wikipedia.

www.wikipedia.com/wiki/Thermoelectricity

This is all about my poor english language
I know we can not use this low temp of air for produce energy
I know if we try to compres air it use more energy than it produce
I say sun did not spend energy to mix with air so maybe we can take shining energy out, without using energy.
Can we ?

What is "shining energy"?
Solar cells use the solar radiation to extract energy.
If you do not want to use that, you have to heat something to a higher temperature (above the temperature of the environment). Sunlight can do this, and I linked two concepts which use that.

mfb said:
If you do not want to use that, you have to heat something to a higher temperature (above the temperature of the environment). Sunlight can do this, and I linked two concepts which use that.

Sunshine have energy right? It come from sun right? When it crash to Earth make it warm right? And it make air warm, yes? I try to find other way (not direct from sunshine) to use this energy i asking to explore energy from air mulecols

Sunshine have energy right? It come from sun right? When it crash to Earth make it warm right? And it make air warm, yes?
Right.

I try to find other way (not direct from sunshine) to use this energy i asking to explore energy from air mulecols
All those methods were mentioned here.

mfb said:

You speak abut ways that exist i looking to find new way

Right, and I told you that there cannot be a completely new way. The laws of physics do not allow that.

I say sunshine did not spend energy to mix with air so maybe we can take shining energy out, without using energy.
Can we ?

I say sunshine did not spend energy to mix with air
If you don't build anything special, hot air mixes with the remaining air.
so maybe we can take shining energy out, without using energy.
There is no "shining energy".
Can we ?
No.

mfb said:
If you don't build anything special, hot air mixes with the remaining air.
There is no "shining energy".
No.

Shining energy is translate from my language it mean heat that transfer by light

Thermal radiation?
Okay, that does not change my points.

If these answers were here just for the asking, don't you think the techniques would have already be used?

1. How can energy be produced from air?

Energy can be produced from air through various methods such as wind power, solar power, and hydro power. Wind power uses wind turbines to convert the kinetic energy of wind into electricity. Solar power uses photovoltaic cells to convert sunlight into electricity. Hydro power uses the force of moving water to turn turbines and produce electricity.

2. Is producing energy from air environmentally friendly?

Yes, producing energy from air is considered to be environmentally friendly as it does not emit harmful pollutants or greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. It also utilizes renewable resources, such as wind and sunlight, which do not deplete over time.

3. What are the benefits of producing energy from air?

Producing energy from air has numerous benefits, including reducing our dependence on fossil fuels, decreasing air pollution, and mitigating the effects of climate change. It also provides a sustainable and reliable source of energy for communities.

4. Are there any challenges associated with producing energy from air?

One challenge of producing energy from air is the intermittency of renewable energy sources such as wind and solar. This means that energy production may fluctuate depending on weather conditions. There are also concerns about the initial cost of infrastructure and the potential impact on wildlife habitats.

5. How can energy from air be stored for later use?

Energy from air can be stored through various methods such as batteries, pumped hydro storage, compressed air energy storage, and thermal energy storage. These storage technologies allow excess energy to be captured and used when needed, providing a more reliable and consistent energy supply.