Chem project, just need some starting advice

In summary, the conversation revolved around a chemistry project where the person wanted to find interesting information about the element Molybdenum. They also mentioned their previous interest in Helium and provided a link to a website for help. Another person asked about the incompatibility of hydrogen and HBr, with the response explaining that it means they should not be mixed due to potential reactions.
Hessam
Hello... i am concurantly working on a chemistry project called my "favorite" element... i wanted to do helium because of its akward behavior at near absolute zero but since it doesn't react w/ anything i couldn't use it for my stoichiometry problems:frown: ... well anyways my element that i picked out of randomness, was Molybdenum... now can anyone pleae give me some tips as to where and how i could find some interesting information? and does anyone know anything interesting about this element allready that would not be "common textbook knowledge" (like element number, mass... simple stuff like that i don't need)... any help will not be overlooked, thankyou.
-Hessam

oh yes, and to help anyone out who might actually help... its element number 42

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Not directly the same question, but it is similar enought that I didn't want to start a new thread.

I was just looking at some of the properties of Bromine and under Chemical Properties it had a heading of Incompatibilies. In this category it listed several metals and inorganics, but it also listed hydrogen. If HBr exsists, then how is that possible?

"Incompatibility" means do not mix without the expectation of great excitement when used in MSDS/NFPR contexts. You are looking at rapid and energetic reaction possibilities. HBr is formed as a result of such a reaction, but the the elements themselves are incompatible in the sense that reaction is inevitable.

Thanks. I was thinking it most likely would have been something more along those lines.

1. What is the purpose of a chem project?

The purpose of a chem project is to investigate a specific chemical concept or phenomenon in a controlled and systematic manner. It allows for the application of scientific principles and the development of critical thinking skills.

2. How do I choose a topic for my chem project?

When choosing a topic for your chem project, consider your interests and the resources available to you. It can also be helpful to consult with your instructor or peers for ideas and suggestions.

3. What are the key elements of a successful chem project?

A successful chem project should have a clearly defined research question, a thorough review of relevant literature, a well-designed experimental setup, accurate data collection and analysis, and a comprehensive conclusion supported by evidence.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid in a chem project?

Some common mistakes to avoid in a chem project include not following safety protocols, not properly documenting procedures and observations, using inaccurate or incomplete data, and drawing conclusions that are not supported by the evidence.

5. How can I present my chem project effectively?

To present your chem project effectively, be sure to organize your information in a clear and logical manner, use visual aids such as graphs and charts, and practice your presentation beforehand. It is also important to be confident and knowledgeable about your project and be prepared to answer questions from the audience.