Ion?electron?magnetic energy? or?

• Medical
  • Thread starter Enix
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Energy
In summary: It would always startle me, and I would quickly shut my eyes and ears in an effort to block out the sound. It would usually happen when I was alone, and would generally last for a few seconds before it would stop. I would never be able to make out what the voice was saying, just that it was always negative and discouraging. I would also experience what I would call "nightmares" during this time, but again, those would only happen at night and would generally involve being chased or attacked by something, and would always end with me waking up in a cold sweat.
Enix
Would someone kindly direct me where would be the best place to post this question ,or is this in fact the place that would best help me to understand this question, or should I say unanswered question/phenomena.Throughout my childhood, and primarily in one particular room of my home whether it be daytime or night time, although more often at night time, when ever I looked into or stood inside this room (an upstairs bedroom) I would always see the entire room filled with what I would describe as glistening static electricity as if I were staring at a TV channel with no reception, kind of like snow on a chaneless TV channel. This was quite frightening to me As I child (somewhere from age 5 years to 11 years), yet never spoke to anyone , not even my family about this. This was just one of the many odd phenomena I have experienced, but would love to know if anyone has also experienced this, or has some explanation to what this was. I have my own feeling/belief of what it was, but would be interested to know if what I think it was , is what others feel it was. I look forward to a reply. Thanks!

Biology news on Phys.org
I've deleted the two other duplicate threads. Please only post once. Let's leave this here for now.

Enix said:
Would someone kindly direct me where would be the best place to post this question ,or is this in fact the place that would best help me to understand this question, or should I say unanswered question/phenomena.Throughout my childhood, and primarily in one particular room of my home whether it be daytime or night time, although more often at night time, when ever I looked into or stood inside this room (an upstairs bedroom) I would always see the entire room filled with what I would describe as glistening static electricity as if I were staring at a TV channel with no reception, kind of like snow on a chaneless TV channel. This was quite frightening to me As I child (somewhere from age 5 years to 11 years), yet never spoke to anyone , not even my family about this. This was just one of the many odd phenomena I have experienced, but would love to know if anyone has also experienced this, or has some explanation to what this was. I have my own feeling/belief of what it was, but would be interested to know if what I think it was , is what others feel it was. I look forward to a reply. Thanks!
This sounds like a disturbance of the occipital lobe because this kind of elemental visual experience is governed there. I call it an "elemental visual experience" because it was limited to a kind of texture created by light rather than being the kind of well developed visual hallucination that implies that much more of the brain is involved. It's important that this was only triggered by looking into that room. It means you were either physiologically sensitive to something in there, or that there were emotional triggers associated with something in there.

What other unusual experiences have you had?

I believe these would be Closed-eye hallucinations (level 1), of course, with open eyes. Your experience mirrors mine. It happened only in darkness on flat surfaces, such as the walls and ceiling for me.

zoobyshoe said:
This sounds like a disturbance of the occipital lobe because this kind of elemental visual experience is governed there. I call it an "elemental visual experience" because it was limited to a kind of texture created by light rather than being the kind of well developed visual hallucination that implies that much more of the brain is involved. It's important that this was only triggered by looking into that room. It means you were either physiologically sensitive to something in there, or that there were emotional triggers associated with something in there.

What other unusual experiences have you had?
"It means you were either physiologically sensitive to something in there, or that there were emotional triggers associated with something in there."
Interesting. I guess that COULD be possible. As far as the lighting, it occurred and every direction I looked, yet always/only in this room.

"What other unusual experiences have you had?" I/you could write a book on THAT question. To start, again, all around that age, that home etc., I would constantly hear a voice in my head that sounded as though it were in slow motion, as if one had an old record player, and the speed was set on as slow as it could go, causing the voice to be in a semi baritone, and so slowed down that I could not understand what it was saying.

1. What is an ion?

An ion is an atom or molecule that has an unequal number of protons and electrons, giving it a positive or negative charge.

2. How do ions form?

Ions form when atoms gain or lose electrons, typically through chemical reactions or interactions with other particles.

3. What is the role of electrons in an atom?

Electrons are negatively charged particles that orbit the nucleus of an atom. They play a crucial role in determining the chemical and physical properties of an element.

4. How does magnetic energy work?

Magnetic energy is a type of potential energy that results from the movement of charged particles, such as electrons, in a magnetic field. It can be harnessed and used in various technologies, such as generators and motors.

5. Can magnetic energy be converted into other forms of energy?

Yes, magnetic energy can be converted into other forms of energy, such as electrical energy through the use of generators. It can also be converted into kinetic energy, which is the energy of motion.