I writing a program on MATLAB to implement Newton Raphson method

In summary, the Newton Raphson method is a numerical method that uses the derivative of a function to approximate its root. It is an iterative process that starts with an initial guess and improves it until the desired accuracy is achieved. The method is fast, efficient, and accurate, but has limitations with multiple roots and far initial guesses. To implement it in MATLAB, you need to define the function, derivative, and initial guess, and use a loop to improve the guess until the desired accuracy is reached.
RK10
Did anyone write a program before for Newton Raphson method on MATLAB.
I need to try the program to solve 2 equations:
cox=x^3
and x^4-0.5(x^3)+3(x^2)-x+3=0
Please Help me in this manner ASAP.
AND THANK YOU

Physics news on Phys.org
I thought fsolve used the Newton method.

1. What is the Newton Raphson method?

The Newton Raphson method is a numerical method used to find the root of a function. It is an iterative process that uses the derivative of the function to approximate the root.

2. How does the Newton Raphson method work?

The Newton Raphson method starts with an initial guess for the root and then iteratively improves the guess by using the derivative of the function at that point. The process continues until the desired accuracy is achieved.

3. What are the advantages of using the Newton Raphson method?

The Newton Raphson method is a fast and efficient method for finding roots of functions. It also converges quickly to the root and has a high accuracy rate.

4. What are the limitations of the Newton Raphson method?

The Newton Raphson method may not work for functions with multiple roots or when the initial guess is far from the actual root. It also requires the function to be differentiable.

5. How do I implement the Newton Raphson method in MATLAB?

To implement the Newton Raphson method in MATLAB, you will need to define the function, its derivative, and an initial guess for the root. Then, you can use a loop to iteratively improve the guess until the desired accuracy is achieved.