What are you doing in your parallel universes?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the idea of parallel universes and the different possibilities and scenarios that could exist in these universes. Some individuals imagined themselves living different lives, while others wondered about the consequences of dying in one universe and the concept of reincarnation. There were also discussions about being able to control and manipulate these parallel universes, as well as the desire to clone oneself to avoid doing unpleasant tasks.
SOS2008
Gold Member
Though I don't really know if there are parallel universes, I can't help but wonder about the theory. And since I can only wonder, I thought I'd start the ball rolling (hopefully other people can speculate much better than I do).

· In the first universe, I live a life very similar to Barbie’s with a mansion, the car, clothes, and yes, Ken!

· In universe two, all the vibrations of all the strings produce…the brown note.

· In the fourth universe, I write greeting cards for the demented, which are not very popular, but it allows me to eek out a living in my “van down by the river.”

· In universe three, it is known that black matter consists of all stupid thoughts of all life throughout all time, and it’s decided not to mess with it.

· In universe five, I am an inventor. For example I invent a mealy substance intended to be dog food, but the product becomes a favorite for humans called Spam.

Space news on Phys.org
“van down by the river.”

:rofl: A favorite of ours...

[machine gun fire is heard]
"Whoops, it appears that Claudine Longet has accidently shot another skier..."

I have yet to figure out what the hell I'm doing in this one. :confused:

In other universes I think I'm trying to learn about what I would be doing in other universes.

In a parallel universe, I gave up doing physics and am now a famous actor.

This thread has been moved due to its high number of speculative posts, which are not welcome on this site. Please refrain from posting personal theories on this site.

just kidding :)

rachmaninoff said:
In a parallel universe, I gave up doing physics and am now a famous actor.
Interesting...we have different talents and interests, and depending on what opportunities and/or choices we make at different times our lives could be very different.

If I died in one universe, do I die in all the other universes too? Or is there reincarnation in some way? I've always wondered why we experience de-ja-vu... (Or maybe I've just read a little too many Stephen King novels...you know, being able to travel back and forth between parallel universes...now that would be freaky. :bugeye: )

I just killed all my parallel selves and became the all powerful.
Muhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah! :devil:
and took out a video and am watching JetLis the One right now :rofl:

there can be only one

I became the thread-killer-champion-thread-killer..:smile:

good luck on become this universe's thread kiler champion thread killer

Let's see I am probably thinking about what I am doing in the other parallel universes.

Wreaking havoc, breaking all the known physical laws and then some, ensuring justice and tranquility, and staying one step ahead of the authorities. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
Wreaking havoc, breaking all the known physical laws and then some, ensuring justice and tranquility, and staying one step ahead of the authorities. :biggrin:
Now that sounds great!

Just like the good ol' days. :biggrin:

I suspect that in an alternate universe I'm getting lots and lots of sleep.

*Hey, alternate universe Moonbear, share some of that sleep!*

Sleep? I've heard of the word. Please explain. :zzz:

Danger said:
Sleep? I've heard of the word. Please explain. :zzz:

I'm really not sure how to explain it. The concept is a bit fuzzy for me, but I've seen other people doing it. :tongue2:

In thinking about the concept of being able to move from one parallel universe to another, it made me think how I would like to clone myself so I could sleep while my other selves had to do all the work I don't want to do. Can you enslave yourself? :confused:

1. What is a parallel universe?

A parallel universe is a hypothetical alternate reality that exists alongside our own universe. It is believed to have its own set of physical laws, space, and time.

2. How are parallel universes different from our own universe?

Parallel universes are different from our own universe in terms of physical laws, space, and time. These differences can range from minor variations to completely different realities.

3. How do scientists study or prove the existence of parallel universes?

Currently, there is no concrete evidence or scientific method to prove the existence of parallel universes. However, scientists explore the idea through theoretical physics, mathematics, and experiments such as the Large Hadron Collider.

4. Is it possible to travel to a parallel universe?

Currently, there is no known way to travel to a parallel universe. The concept of parallel universes is still a theory and has not been proven or achieved yet.

5. How does the concept of parallel universes affect our understanding of the world?

The concept of parallel universes is a theory that challenges our understanding of the universe and raises questions about the nature of reality. It also allows for speculation and exploration of different possibilities and outcomes in the universe.