Experts please: DC CIRCUIT (PARALLEL-SERIES CIRCUIT) QUESTION

In summary, a parallel circuit is a type of electric circuit where multiple components are connected in different branches, allowing the current to flow through each branch separately. In contrast, a series circuit has all components connected in a single loop, causing the current to flow through each component in turn. The main difference between the two types of circuits is the way in which the components are connected, resulting in different properties such as the division of current in a parallel circuit and the addition of voltage in a series circuit. To calculate the total resistance and current in a parallel-series circuit, specific formulas can be used such as Ohm's Law or Kirchhoff's Current Law.
suey
1. Find the reading of the ammeter

2. I've 2 questions here:
Link to the Attachement please,thx.

3. I had made a simplified diagram, but wasn't sure of the calculation.

Help me out with a complete explanation please~! Thx so much!

Attachments

• Circuit 1.jpg
    Circuit 1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 476
  • Circuit 2.jpg
    Circuit 2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 404
Physics news on Phys.org
Show your attempted solution and you'll get help.

Hint: Use Kirchhoff's circuit laws

your simplified diagram is wrong. use kirchhoffs law, there is no shortcut, as it is neither a wheatsotone bridge nor symmetrical circuit.

Note the OP was nearly 2 years ago.

Hopefully he has arrived at a solution by now.

What is a parallel circuit?

A parallel circuit is a type of electric circuit in which multiple components are connected in such a way that there are multiple paths for the current to flow. This means that the current is split into different branches, with each branch having its own separate path. The voltage across each component in a parallel circuit is the same, but the total current is divided among the components.

What is a series circuit?

A series circuit is a type of electric circuit in which all components are connected in a single loop or path. This means that the current flows through each component in turn, with the voltage across each component being added together to equal the total voltage of the circuit. In a series circuit, the current remains the same throughout the circuit.

What is the difference between a parallel circuit and a series circuit?

The main difference between a parallel circuit and a series circuit is the way in which the components are connected. In a parallel circuit, the components are connected in multiple branches, while in a series circuit, the components are connected in a single loop. This results in different properties for each type of circuit, such as the division of current in a parallel circuit and the addition of voltage in a series circuit.

How do I calculate the total resistance in a parallel-series circuit?

To calculate the total resistance in a parallel-series circuit, you need to first calculate the total resistance of the parallel branches. This can be done by using the formula 1/Rtotal = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3... where R1, R2, R3, etc. are the resistance values of each branch. Once you have the total resistance of the parallel branches, you can add it to the resistance of the series branches using the formula Rtotal = R1 + R2 + R3... where R1, R2, R3, etc. are the resistance values of each series branch.

How do I calculate the total current in a parallel-series circuit?

To calculate the total current in a parallel-series circuit, you can use Ohm's Law (I = V/R) or Kirchhoff's Current Law, which states that the total current entering a junction must equal the total current leaving the junction. This means that the total current in a parallel-series circuit will be the same at all points in the circuit, regardless of the number of branches or components.