SAVE ME HW DUE AT MIDNITE Optics/Glasses problems

• Thread starter Zywo
  • Start date
I can know what you are doing wrong.In summary, Yang has a relaxed eye focus of 170 cm and with full accommodation, she can focus on objects 19 cm away. Using the equations 1/o + 1/i = 1/f and P=1/D, we can determine her near point while wearing glasses after her distance vision is corrected. However, without any attempt at a solution, it is impossible to provide an answer. Therefore, it is important to show your work and equations in order to receive assistance.
Zywo
1. Yang can focus on objects 170 cm away with a relaxed eye. With full accommodation, she can focus on objects 19 cm away. After her eyesight is corrected for distance vision, what will her near point be while wearing her glasses?

Homework Equations

1/o + 1/i = 1/f
P=1/D

The Attempt at a Solution

Totally Stuck!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Zywo said:
1. Yang can focus on objects 170 cm away with a relaxed eye. With full accommodation, she can focus on objects 19 cm away. After her eyesight is corrected for distance vision, what will her near point be while wearing her glasses?

Homework Equations

1/o + 1/i = 1/f
P=1/D

The Attempt at a Solution

Totally Stuck!

Not good enough. As you know from reading the rules link at the top of the page, you need to show us your attempt at a solution. Write those equations for the first scenario given (and show that to us). Write an equation for the second scenario, even if you don't know some of the values of the variables...

1. What are common problems people face with their glasses?

Some common problems people face with their glasses include scratches on the lenses, loose or broken frames, and difficulty adjusting to new prescriptions.

2. How can I prevent scratches on my glasses?

To prevent scratches on your glasses, always store them in a protective case when not in use. Avoid using harsh cleaning products or materials, and use a microfiber cloth to clean the lenses.

3. How can I fix loose or broken frames?

If your glasses have loose or broken frames, take them to a professional optician who can adjust or repair them. Trying to fix them yourself may cause further damage.

4. What should I do if I am having difficulty adjusting to my new prescription?

If you are having difficulty adjusting to your new prescription, give yourself time to get used to them. If the issue persists, schedule an appointment with your eye doctor to discuss any potential issues or adjustments needed.

5. Can I wear my glasses while participating in sports or other physical activities?

It is not recommended to wear glasses during physical activities as they can easily get damaged or cause injury. Consider getting prescription sports goggles or contacts instead.