Hey guys,I have to admit that my knowledge of this stuff is

In summary: Einstein had a beef with its probabilistic nature and insisted that there was a third particle involved which has since been disproved. I've been trying to look into possible nonlocal explanations for quantum phenomenon such as what happens in the quantum eraser experiment and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of work being done with this or if there are any currently accepted theories?Don't know what you mean by "a third particle involved", but there's been more papers written on quantum nolocality than you can shake a stick at.
PhiPhenomenon
Hey guys,

I have to admit that my knowledge of this stuff is probably quite lacking in comparison to most other people's but I was wondering if anyone had some resources I could use to look into regarding nonlocality?

From what little I do know about Quantum Mechanics is that Einstein had a beef with its probabilistic nature and insisted that there was a third particle involved which has since been disproved. I've been trying to look into possible nonlocal explanations for quantum phenomenon such as what happens in the quantum eraser experiment and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of work being done with this or if there are any currently accepted theories?

Physics news on Phys.org

The currently accepted theory is quantum mechanics

PhiPhenomenon said:
Hey guys,

I have to admit that my knowledge of this stuff is probably quite lacking in comparison to most other people's but I was wondering if anyone had some resources I could use to look into regarding nonlocality?

From what little I do know about Quantum Mechanics is that Einstein had a beef with its probabilistic nature and insisted that there was a third particle involved which has since been disproved. I've been trying to look into possible nonlocal explanations for quantum phenomenon such as what happens in the quantum eraser experiment and was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of work being done with this or if there are any currently accepted theories?
Don't know what you mean by "a third particle involved", but there's been more papers written on quantum nolocality than you can shake a stick at. I share your curiosity about this and can only suggest that you utilize the available internet resources. Search in Physics Forums, Google, Yahoo, arxiv.org, Wikipedia, Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, etc. etc. You'll find enough material to keep you busy for years.

nanosiborg said:
Don't know what you mean by "a third particle involved", but there's been more papers written on quantum nolocality than you can shake a stick at. I share your curiosity about this and can only suggest that you utilize the available internet resources. Search in Physics Forums, Google, Yahoo, arxiv.org, Wikipedia, Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, etc. etc. You'll find enough material to keep you busy for years.

Thanks for the tip.

As you can tell I'm pretty new to all of this and am just barely starting to get my head wrapped around a few things. But it seems to me that anytime someone tries to mention a cause and effect relationship of the random nature of QM people tend to dismiss it as nonsense or impossible. I've only recently stumbled upon a few ideas for nonlocal ideas but I have no idea how valid any of these ideas (although I don't know if most physicists really do either).

Also, by 'third particle involved' I was trying to reference the EPR paradox... which I just reread and apparently does not necessarily involve a 'particle'.

1. What is the meaning of "Hey guys"?

"Hey guys" is a casual and informal greeting commonly used to address a group of people, regardless of their gender. It is similar to "hello" or "hi".

2. Why do some people use "Hey guys" instead of "Hey everyone"?

"Hey guys" has become a popular phrase in informal settings, especially among younger generations. It is used to address a group of people in a friendly and inclusive manner. "Hey everyone" can also be used, but it may come across as more formal and less casual.

3. Is "Hey guys" considered gender-inclusive?

While "guys" may traditionally refer to a group of males, it has evolved to be a gender-neutral term when used in the phrase "Hey guys". However, it is important to be mindful of individual preferences and use alternative greetings if someone expresses discomfort with the term.

4. Are there any alternatives to "Hey guys"?

Yes, there are many alternatives to "Hey guys" such as "Hey everyone", "Hey y'all", "Hello folks", or "Hi team". These phrases can be used to address a group of people in a more gender-inclusive way.

5. Is it appropriate to use "Hey guys" in a professional setting?

It depends on the context and the company culture. In some workplaces, "Hey guys" may be considered too informal and it is better to use a more professional greeting. However, in other workplaces, it may be perfectly acceptable to use "Hey guys" as a friendly and inclusive greeting. It is always best to follow the norms and culture of your workplace.