Latex underbrace - change color

In summary, to change the color of the underbrace in Latex, use the \color command followed by the desired color code. You can also change the thickness of the underbrace using the \underbrace command and specify multiple colors using the \colorbox command. To change the style of the underbrace, use the \uwave command. Finally, to match the color of the underbrace with the rest of your document, use the \color command with the color defined in the preamble.
pisoir
Hello, can anyone give some advice about how to change the color of underbrace? The equation is in normal black color, but I would like to underbrace some of its part, but I want to have the underbrace in light gray. Is it possible to do it?(change the color of the brace only?)
Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]
\definecolor{Blue}{rgb}{0,0,1}
\definecolor{Black}{rgb}{0,0,0}
\color{Blue}{\underbrace{\color{Black}{hello}}}
[/tex]

\definecolor{Blue}{rgb}{0,0,1}
\definecolor{Black}{rgb}{0,0,0}
\color{Blue}{\underbrace{\color{Black}{hello}}}

Last edited:

Yes, it is possible to change the color of the underbrace in LaTeX. You can use the \color command to specify the color you want, followed by the underbrace command. For example, if you want the underbrace to be light gray, you can use \color{lightgray}\underbrace{...}. This will only change the color of the underbrace and not the entire equation. You can also use other color commands such as \textcolor or \colorbox to customize the color of the underbrace. I hope this helps.

1. How do I change the color of the underbrace in Latex?

To change the color of the underbrace in Latex, you can use the \color command followed by the desired color code. For example, \color{red} will change the color of the underbrace to red.

2. Can I change the thickness of the underbrace in Latex?

Yes, you can change the thickness of the underbrace in Latex by using the \underbrace command. This command allows you to specify the thickness of the underbrace using the optional argument [thickness]. For example, \underbrace{a+b}_{\text{Example}}[2pt] will create an underbrace with a thickness of 2 points.

3. How do I use multiple colors for the underbrace in Latex?

To use multiple colors for the underbrace in Latex, you can use the \colorbox command. This command allows you to specify the color of the underbrace and its background color. For example, \underbrace{\colorbox{red}{a+b}}_{\text{Example}} will create an underbrace with a red text color and a white background color.

4. Can I change the style of the underbrace in Latex?

Yes, you can change the style of the underbrace in Latex by using the \uwave command. This command creates a wavy underbrace instead of the default straight line. For example, \uwave{\underbrace{a+b}_{\text{Example}}} will create a wavy underbrace.

5. How do I change the color of the underbrace to match the rest of my document?

To change the color of the underbrace to match the rest of your document, you can use the \color command followed by the color defined in your document's preamble. For example, if you have defined a color named "mycolor" in the preamble, you can use \color{mycolor} to change the color of the underbrace to match.