Hi all, I just come to this magic group

In summary, a group of members welcomed new user Kimberly to the Physics Forums community and asked about her favorite fish. Rajput, another new user, shared his love for the golden anchovy and fried Pomfret. Some members discussed the difference between fried and smoked fish, with most preferring smoked.
Kimberly Jone
I am Kimberly, newbie here. I love here!

Physics news on Phys.org
hey Kimberly

welcome to Physics Forums :)

Dave

Hello Kimberly, welcome to PF. :smile:

Helo Kimberly! Welcome to PF!

Anyway, it needs to be done... What's your favorite fish??

Hi everyone,
I am new here and I found this site very interesting and I am very much fond of interesting facts about math and other things, So hope you all will appreciate me.

Hi, Rajput! So, what's your favo(u)rite fish?

I am also relatively new here. Well , I live in India and my favorite fish is golden anchovy(it is known as 'maandeli' in Marathi, which is the local language of Mumbai). I like eating them fried. It's relatively cheap here and is a good quick snack.
http://media.lonelyplanet.com/lpimg/5491/5491-65/preview.jpg [Broken]

I tried searching for the name of 'maandeli' in English , from the descriptions I found , I think it is golden anchovy. The image I posted is of 'maandeli' , does it appear to be the same as golden anchovy, as I suspect ?

Anyways , on days when I feel a bit more opulent , I also enjoy eating fried Pomfret .

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Kimberly, how are you?

You’re most welcome in our physics forums community and here are lots of alternative to learn about engineering.

Cheers

Hi, Kimberly. As you learn and progress, hopefully you will take the time to help newbies who stumble onto this site.

Welcome!

These days we prefer smoked over fried.

Borek said:
Yes, smoked is preferable.

Kippers, baby oysters, baby clams... all better smoked.

Borek said:

It takes lots of time though. :biggrin:

Gad said:
It takes lots of time though. :biggrin:
We are not hunter-gatherers here, so we can afford a bit of time to get what we want.

What is the purpose of this magic group?

The purpose of this magic group is to share knowledge, ideas, and experiences related to magic and illusions. It is a community for magic enthusiasts to connect and learn from each other.

Can anyone join this magic group?

Yes, anyone with an interest in magic is welcome to join this group. We believe that diversity in our group will lead to a richer and more diverse understanding of magic.

Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in this group?

Yes, we ask that all members respect each other and avoid any forms of discrimination or harassment. We also encourage members to share their knowledge and experiences in a constructive and respectful manner.

What types of discussions are allowed in this group?

This group is open to all discussions related to magic, such as sharing tricks, discussing new techniques, and reviewing performances. However, we ask that all discussions remain respectful and appropriate for all ages.

How can I contribute to this magic group?

There are many ways to contribute to this group, such as sharing your own magic tricks and techniques, providing feedback and advice to others, and participating in discussions. You can also help by inviting other magic enthusiasts to join our community!