Register to reply

Movie Making Software Similar to Windows Movie Maker XP but for 7?

by PhysicStragler
Tags: maker, movie, similar, software, windows
Share this thread:
PhysicStragler
Jun16-14, 08:57 AM
P: 7
Does anyone know of a movie maker program that`s similar to the one on windows XP but that can work for Windows 7 and on a netbook?

I tried making movies with the new windows movie maker, but it trims in seconds and it`s to much of a hassle to make more then one using it.

I`ve downloaded some recommended ones but can`t get on with them,or they`ve been detected as a threat by my anti virus program.

I preferable want it to either let you trim it manually or allow you to specify how long the video is in minutes not seconds.

Thanks for any recommendations.

P.S:Would the XP one work in compatibility mode for 7?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Mysterious source of ozone-depleting chemical baffles NASA
Water leads to chemical that gunks up biofuels production
How lizards regenerate their tails: Researchers discover genetic 'recipe'
adjacent
Jun16-14, 09:11 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,489
Try Adobe After Effects. You can do whatever you want with movies. It offers much more than what Movie Maker can offer!
PhysicStragler
Jun16-14, 09:16 AM
Quote Quote by adjacent View Post
Try Adobe After Effects. You can do whatever you want with movies. It offers much more than what Movie Maker can offer!
Thanks, but no good for my little netbook.My CPU is N570 @ 1.66GHz, way to low to run After Effects.
Thanks tho.

adjacent
Jun16-14, 09:25 AM
PF Gold
P: 1,489
Movie Making Software Similar to Windows Movie Maker XP but for 7?

Quote Quote by PhysicStragler View Post
I preferable want it to either let you trim it manually or allow you to specify how long the video is in minutes not seconds.
1 minute=60 seconds. What's so unsatisfying about that?
PhysicStragler
Jun16-14, 09:41 AM
1)Takes to long to figure out for anything that isn`t whole i.e i can`t always think clearly,and get muddled up.
2)When i found the correct time,and entered it in WMM it didn`t do the specified time,it when over,and when i tried to trim the film,it deleted it.

Register to reply