What is the legacy of beloved journalist Ed Bradley?

• News
  • Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rip
In summary, CBS and 60 Minutes Correspondent Ed Bradley passed away at the age of 65 due to complications from leukemia. He was diagnosed with the disease two years ago and was in remission, but recently took a turn for the worse and contracted pneumonia. Colleagues and fans remember him as an equal to those he interviewed, with a cool and understanding demeanor. His passing is mourned by many who had immense respect for his work.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
CBS and 60 Minutes Correspondent Ed Bradley died at age 65 from Leukemia
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2641304&page=1
Nov. 8, 2006 — Ed Bradley, the pre-eminent African-American TV journalist of his time, has died of complications from leukemia. He was 65.

The longtime correspondent for CBS News "60 Minutes," whose probing questions and salt-and-pepper beard distinguished him to millions of TV viewers, passed away this morning at Mount Sinai hospital in New York City. Two years ago, Bradley was diagnosed with leukemia and was in remission but he took a turn for the worse two weeks ago, contracting pneumonia and succumbing to the disease.

Bradley was fondly remembered by colleagues and fans. "He was the equal of everyone he interviewed which is why he got so much rich material out of them…because they knew he understood them," remembered ABC Nightline correspondent Vicki Mabrey, who worked with Bradley at CBS. "I used to call him Mr. Cool."
One of my favorite correspondents, although I have seriously watched 60 Minutes or CBS News in years. Mike Wallace and Dan Rather were a bit too much.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am sad to hear this. I've had immense respect for Ed Bradley.

I am deeply saddened by the passing of Ed Bradley. He was not only a talented journalist, but also a strong advocate for diversity in the media industry. His contributions to investigative journalism and his ability to connect with his interviewees were truly remarkable.

Bradley's battle with leukemia also serves as a reminder of the importance of continued research and advancements in medical treatments for diseases like leukemia. With his passing, we have lost a great mind and a strong voice in the fight against this devastating disease.

I hope that Bradley's legacy will continue to inspire future generations of journalists and that his dedication to reporting the truth will be remembered and honored. My thoughts are with his family, friends, and colleagues during this difficult time. May his memory live on through his impactful work.

1. Who was Ed Bradley?

Ed Bradley was a renowned American journalist and television correspondent. He was best known for his work on the television news magazine program, 60 Minutes, where he was a correspondent for over 25 years.

2. When did Ed Bradley pass away?

Ed Bradley passed away on November 9, 2006 at the age of 65 due to complications from leukemia.

3. What were some of Ed Bradley's notable achievements?

Ed Bradley was the recipient of numerous awards and honors throughout his career, including 19 Emmy Awards and the Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Association of Black Journalists. He also received the Peabody Award for his work on 60 Minutes.

4. How did Ed Bradley become a journalist?

Ed Bradley began his career as a radio DJ before transitioning to television news. He worked for various local news stations before joining CBS News in 1971 as a stringer. He later became a correspondent for CBS News, covering a wide range of stories both domestically and internationally.

5. What is Ed Bradley's legacy?

Ed Bradley was a trailblazer in the field of journalism, breaking barriers as one of the first African-American correspondents on a major network news program. He was known for his hard-hitting reporting and in-depth interviews, earning the respect and admiration of his colleagues and audiences alike. His legacy continues to inspire and influence journalists today.