How to make a flying rocket by using papers?

In summary, the person has been asked to participate in a Science Fair and needs to make a rocket. They can find instructions on a NASA website and can buy model rockets at a hobby shop. However, they can also ask for film canisters at a photography shop and they are usually free because they recycle them. The person should make sure to ask for the correct type of canister.
kindaichi
Oh crap,my teacher asked me to participate in the coming Science Fair in my school.I have to make a rocket that can fly.How to do one?

Physics news on Phys.org
Here is a site for you.

http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/en/kids/rocket.shtml

They sell model rockets in the hobby shop.

Oh thanks,but can i buy film canister in a photography shops?Are they on sell and is it expensive?

kindaichi said:
Oh thanks,but can i buy film canister in a photography shops?Are they on sell and is it expensive?

You don't need to buy them, just ask for some. They recycle them.

The ones you want are NOT the http://www.taunton.com/finegardening/media/g00155_03.jpg" (Fujifilm.)

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I make a flying rocket using papers?

To make a flying rocket using papers, you will need a square piece of paper, scissors, tape, and a straw. First, fold the paper in half diagonally to create a triangle. Then, fold the two corners of the triangle towards the center to create a smaller triangle. Next, fold the top of the smaller triangle down towards the bottom. Finally, tape the straw to the bottom of the triangle and blow into the straw to launch your paper rocket into the air.

2. Do I need any special materials to make a flying rocket out of paper?

No, you can make a flying rocket out of paper using just a few simple materials such as a square piece of paper, scissors, tape, and a straw. These materials are easily accessible and can be found in most households.

3. How high can a flying rocket made out of paper fly?

The height a flying rocket made out of paper can reach depends on factors such as the design of the rocket, the force used to launch it, and the environment it is launched in. On average, a paper rocket can fly up to 20-30 feet in the air.

4. Can I decorate my paper rocket before launching it?

Yes, you can decorate your paper rocket before launching it. You can use markers, stickers, or any other craft materials to personalize your rocket and make it unique. However, make sure that the decorations are not too heavy as it can affect the flight of your rocket.

5. Is it safe to launch a paper rocket indoors?

It is not recommended to launch a paper rocket indoors as it can cause damage to objects or people in the surrounding area. It is best to launch the paper rocket outdoors in an open space, away from any obstacles or people.