New ideas for programming languages?

In summary, the conversation discusses three new ideas for programming languages. The first idea is to have a programming language with AI built into it, allowing the computer to learn and execute tasks based on a fitness criteria. The concerns for this idea are the potential complexity and danger of advanced AI. The second idea suggests using normal English words instead of traditional programming commands. The third idea proposes a language that can utilize the internet for faster processing. However, there are doubts about the practicality and potential consequences of these ideas.
ACG
Hi! I've got a couple of new ideas for programming languages. I'm curious if anyone has thought about these.

1. I was thinking about AI and it just occurred to me -- is there a programming language which has AI built into it, much as like traditional programming languages have assembly built into them (and some of the more recent ones have STL and other clases and stuff)?

I'm sort of like imagining a situation where people could just execute the "learn" statement and the computer would learn how to do something. All you need is an array and some kind of fitness criteria. You can tweak the parameters as well (what kind of learning, for instance) if you're an advanced user.

The issues I see here are (a) would the learning get too complicated, and (b) would it be too dangerous to get AI too advanced (think Terminator).

2. Instead of stupid commands like printf() and so forth, have a primitive language which takes normal English words and parses them into computer commands ("write", "show" would be printf and stuff like that).

3. What about something which automatically has a @home option and goes over the Internet to speed up your processing?

Thanks in advance,

ACG

Technology news on Phys.org
Yeah, in ideal case you could put your programming assignment text and compile it, the AI would take care of the details, if something is not totally clear it would ask you what to do... But if that were possible 99 % of computer engineers would be out of work! You don't wan't that to happen do you?

Btw: Such thing as terminator 3 could never happen in real life, if nothing else I imagine that an authorized operator needs to manually release some safety features before a nuclear weapon could be released - who would do that anyway?

take a look at system C commands...they exist for areason =]

1. What makes a programming language "new"?

A programming language can be considered "new" if it introduces new syntax, features, or paradigms that have not been seen in other programming languages before. It could also refer to a language that has recently gained popularity or has been recently developed.

2. How do new programming languages impact the field of computer science?

New programming languages can have a significant impact on the field of computer science by introducing new ways of thinking and problem-solving, improving efficiency and productivity, and enabling the development of new technologies and applications.

3. What factors should be considered when creating a new programming language?

Some important factors to consider when creating a new programming language include its purpose, target audience, ease of use, flexibility, and compatibility with existing languages and systems.

4. What are some examples of successful new programming languages?

Some examples of successful new programming languages include Python, Java, and Swift. These languages have gained widespread adoption and are used in a variety of applications and industries.

5. How can I learn more about new programming languages?

There are many resources available to learn about new programming languages, such as online courses, tutorials, books, and forums. You can also attend conferences and workshops to stay updated on the latest developments in the field.