Finding a Physics Book for Beginners with Basic Calculus

In summary, if you are looking for a physics book that only requires basic calculus, I suggest "I.E.Irodov Problems in General Physics" or "Halliday Resnick Fundamentals of Physics". For a more fun and less calculus-intensive option, you can try "Jearl Walker's Flying Circus of Physics" or "Feynman's lectures on Physics".
Poincare1
I am trying get started in physics and i want to get a physics book with $only basic calculus$.
do anyone suggest anything?

Physics news on Phys.org
I suggest "I.E.Irodov Problems in General Physics". Some of the problems do require calculus (Especially electrostatics n gravitation) but the book is really helpful for Newtons laws and kinematics. If you are looking for a theory book you might as well try "Halliday Resnick Fundamentals of Physics". Other good books are Feynmann's lectures.

thx The message you have entered is too short

Halliday Resnick is a nice choice but calculus is used in a non-extensive form. Besides you migth want to check the Schaum series books.

Jearl Walker's "Flying Circus of Physics" is a very fun book to work through, and requires very little calculus.

Feynman's lectures on Physics. He develops 'only basic calculus' in his lecture on motion:

I 8-3 Speed as a derivative
I 8-4 Distance as an integral

1. What is the best physics book for beginners with basic calculus?

There are many great physics books for beginners with basic calculus. Some popular options include "University Physics" by Young and Freedman, "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick, and "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by Giancoli.

2. Do I need prior knowledge of calculus to understand a physics book?

While some basic knowledge of calculus can be beneficial for understanding certain physics concepts, it is not always necessary. Many physics books for beginners with basic calculus will provide a brief review of necessary mathematical concepts.

3. How do I know if a physics book is suitable for beginners?

You can look for keywords such as "introductory" or "beginners" in the book's title or description. You can also check the level of the book based on the author's intended audience or the level of math required.

4. Are there any online resources to supplement a physics book for beginners?

Yes, there are many online resources available to supplement a physics book for beginners. Some popular options include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Physics Classroom.

5. How can I make sure the physics book I choose is reputable?

You can research the author's credentials and background in physics. You can also check reviews and ratings from other readers. Additionally, books published by reputable publishers or used in reputable universities can be a good indication of quality.