Mysterious Childhood Dreams: Do They Influence Who You Become?

• Thread starter drizzle
  • Start date
In summary, when you were 7-10 years old, you had a dream that was quite scary. You still don't understand how your reaction would be if your parents died in a car accident. However, your reaction would be different in the future.
drizzle
Gold Member
yes, just one unique dream. you do see a lot of dreams of course through your childhood, but did you see one special dream that you’ll never forget? Kind of mysterious, unknown .. I don’t know sort of that?

and my main point of this is that [if you do remember or recognize such a dream], do you believe it is related somehow to who you’re gona be in your future life?! or if you are already old enough[for you grannies :biggrin:] could/did you figure out that it was related to who you've became!

it’s just I do concern a lot about that one dream of mine [won’t tell it]

anything about this, anyone?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
hey! I though Scepticism & Debunking was the perfect place to post this!:grumpy:

geee.....never mind:uhh:

S&D is for claims of and evidence for unexplained phenomena, not faith-based beliefs.

You should read the posting guidelines before posting.

Ivan Seeking said:
S&D is for claims of and evidence for unexplained phenomena, not faith-based beliefs.

hold your horses man, ok ok [was joking:shy:]. it's just I read a couple of threads there about dreams and I assumed that I should post there

and you guys don't tend to talk about alians or so, this is serious

We only discuss the potential for aliens from a credible scientific perspective.

As I said, read the rules before posting. Penalties may be issued for posting crackpot theories.

sure:smile:, but I meant don’t make fun of this

drizzle said:
yes, just one unique dream. you do see a lot of dreams of course through your childhood, but did you see one special dream that you’ll never forget? Kind of mysterious, unknown .. I don’t know sort of that?

and my main point of this is that [if you do remember or recognize such a dream], do you believe it is related somehow to who you’re gona be in your future life?! or if you are already old enough[for you grannies :biggrin:] could/did you figure out that it was related to who you've became!

When about 7-10 yrs old, I dreamed about my parents dying in a car accident. I found it quite scary and started crying because it looked so real.

I still haven't quite understood (hence mysterious) how my reaction would be on the deaths of people who were near me in the past/present (or I were/am dependent upon them once) so I recall that dream to see if my response is still the same or different. Obviously, it's different and would be more different in the future. (As for now, it wouldn't be scary but I might cry a little)

When I was a toddler, I dreamt that I was in the future and there was someone called twizzle or fizzle,it was something like that but I don't remember the name exactly.Anyway this wizzle, or whatever the name was,asked me about the dream I was having and just as I was about to reply I woke up.

rootX said:
When about 7-10 yrs old, I dreamed about my parents dying in a car accident. I found it quite scary and started crying because it looked so real.

I still haven't quite understood (hence mysterious) how my reaction would be on the deaths of people who were near me in the past/present (or I were/am dependent upon them once) so I recall that dream to see if my response is still the same or different. Obviously, it's different and would be more different in the future. (As for now, it wouldn't be scary but I might cry a little)

I had that odd dream when I was seven years old also my younger brother dreamed of a bizarre one when he was 8 ys old. However, could these dreams predict the future of our lives [in a general manner]; mentally, physically, emotionally..etc, or show you the way you would feel towards yourself in your future? It’s kinda complicated, I tried to search for it, but seems like there’s no studies on child’s dream predicting his/her future. though, there’s a lot of researches/books about dreams [I think of adults] predicting the future, so I thought you guys may have something to shear or any info about it.

Dadface said:
When I was a toddler, I dreamt that I was in the future and there was someone called twizzle or fizzle,it was something like that but I don't remember the name exactly.Anyway this wizzle, or whatever the name was,asked me about the dream I was having and just as I was about to reply I woke up.

you ……… uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I was excited when I read the first sentence, but I relies later the sense of humor you have:grumpy:, not gona say any more

Last edited:

1. How do we define a "mysterious" childhood dream?

A mysterious childhood dream is one that is difficult to explain or understand, often leaving the dreamer feeling confused or unsettled. These dreams may involve strange or unusual events, symbols, or characters that do not have an obvious connection to the dreamer's waking life.

2. Can childhood dreams really have an influence on who we become?

There is still much debate among scientists and psychologists about the role of childhood dreams in shaping a person's personality and behavior. Some believe that these dreams can provide insight into a person's subconscious thoughts and desires, while others argue that they are simply a random product of brain activity during sleep.

3. Are there certain types of dreams that are more likely to have an impact on our development?

Some studies have suggested that nightmares or recurring dreams may have a stronger influence on a person's development compared to one-time or more "routine" dreams. This could be due to the heightened emotional intensity and the potential for deeper meaning in these types of dreams.

4. Can we control or influence our childhood dreams?

While some people claim to have the ability to control their dreams through techniques such as lucid dreaming, there is no scientific evidence to support this. However, keeping a dream journal and practicing relaxation techniques before bed may help increase dream recall and potentially influence the content of dreams.

5. Do childhood dreams have the same impact on everyone?

Dreams, including childhood dreams, are highly personal and subjective experiences. While some people may have vivid and memorable dreams that seem to have a significant impact on their lives, others may not remember their dreams at all. Additionally, the influence of dreams on a person's development may vary depending on their individual experiences and circumstances.