What vessels to use with hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide, and sulfuric acid?

In summary, the conversation was about selecting appropriate materials to contain corrosive substances, specifically sodium hydroxide which will be dissolved in water. The person expressing their concern has not dealt with these substances before and is worried about them potentially dissolving the container. The substances are to be used separately and can be stored in glass or polyethylene bottles.
SMD1990
Hello. I am in need of some assistance in regards to what types of materials I should (and should not) use to contain the various corrosive substances listed in the title.

As for the sodium hydroxide, it will be dissolved in water, almost to the point of saturation.

I have never dealt with any of these before. I am concerned about some of them possibly dissolving whatever I select to put them in while I am using them.

And, for the record, these substances are to be used in separate projects. Just saying, in case I set-off anyone's alarm bells...

Chemistry news on Phys.org
These are pretty standard reagents. Acids can be stored in glass, sodium hyrodixe will slowly etch glass - so either keep it in a glass bottle with a rubber stopper (old school) or in a polyethylene bottle (current trend).

1. What types of vessels are safe to use with hydrochloric acid?

When using hydrochloric acid, it is important to use vessels made of materials that are resistant to corrosion, such as glass, polypropylene, or certain types of plastic. Avoid using metal vessels, as hydrochloric acid can react with the metal and release potentially harmful gases.

2. Can I use any vessel with sodium hydroxide?

The best vessels to use with sodium hydroxide are those made of glass, polyethylene, or other resistant materials. Avoid using metal vessels, as the sodium hydroxide can corrode the metal and potentially cause leaks or reactions.

3. Are there any vessels that can safely contain sulfuric acid?

Sulfuric acid is a highly corrosive substance, so it is important to choose vessels that are specifically designed to handle it. Glass, polyethylene, and certain types of plastic are typically safe options for containing sulfuric acid.

4. Can I use the same vessel for all three acids?

No, it is not recommended to use the same vessel for all three acids. Each acid has different properties and can react with different materials, so it is important to use separate vessels for each acid to avoid any potential reactions or contamination.

5. How should I handle and store these acids in vessels?

When handling and storing these acids, it is important to wear appropriate protective gear, such as gloves, goggles, and a lab coat. The acids should also be stored in a cool, dry place and in well-sealed containers to prevent any spills or leaks. Make sure to label the vessels clearly with the name of the acid and its concentration.