Are there any people here who enjoy writing?

• Thread starter EagleNebula
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Writing
In summary: I write short stories, poems, and essays for fun. I don't think I'm any good at writing, but I enjoy it.
EagleNebula
Hi, I was just wondering if there's anyone on this forum who enjoy writing, just in general? Maybe for comics or comedy? I know there is a lot of people with strong scientific backgrounds who write for shows like The Simpsons or Futurama. For example there is Ken Keeler who has a PhD in Mathematics (from Harvard) and David X. Cohen who is a graduate in physics, also from Harvard.

Is there anyone out on this forum who also tend to enjoy telling stories on their spare time?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, I write short stories, poetry and book reviews. I have no idea if I'm any good at writing, but I enjoy it. I hadn't written a short story for quite a while, but I just completed one, and it makes me proud. :)

I love writing, but I might not be any good at it.

I do, tersely.

I write poetry (go ahead, laugh) and essays for fun.

I write the occasional poem and have vague ideas about some 12-13 novels that I will get down to writing as soon as how I figure about almost everything that can be figured out...
Mr.E

I write too! I write stories, poems, articles and all kinds of stuff! .. I even wish to publish a poem book! :) ... i don't know how good I'm at it though. I'm working in a novel too, but that's more of a long term thing. :)

FreeMitya said:
I write poetry (go ahead, laugh) and essays for fun.

Hahahahaha...
(Not really funny, but your wish is my command.)

I write a bit. Short stories mostly.

I enjoy writing. I've got several unfinished novels, and even more unwritten ideas. However, my main passion is songwriting! That takes up all of my time.

I think I'd enjoy writing, but right now in my life I have too many things I do that involve being alone, and sitting. I don't need another hobby that encourages either of those.

I enjoy writing just in general and I tried it in a book but unfortunately I never got the chance to finish it. It was a fantasy-fiction genre about fairies interacting with humans.

1. What is the purpose of asking if there are people who enjoy writing?

The purpose of this question is to determine if there is a community of individuals who share a passion for writing and potentially connect with them.

2. Is there a specific type of writing that is being referred to?

No, the question is open to all forms of writing including fiction, non-fiction, poetry, blogging, etc.

3. Why is it important to know if there are people here who enjoy writing?

Knowing if there are individuals who enjoy writing can lead to potential collaborations, discussions, and support within the writing community.

4. Can individuals who enjoy writing also be considered "writers"?

Yes, anyone who actively engages in the act of writing can be considered a writer, regardless of their level of experience or publication status.

5. Are there any benefits to being part of a community of people who enjoy writing?

Yes, being part of a writing community can provide opportunities for feedback, networking, and inspiration. It can also create a sense of belonging and support for individuals pursuing writing as a hobby or profession.