ALVEO - Crackpot medical cures

In summary, this product may help to alleviate symptoms of arthritis, but it is not a cure and there is a risk of interactions with other medications.
waht
Someone in my family is suffering from arthritis and they heard about this product: Alevo Drink which is based on herbals that's suppose to alleviate the symptoms

http://www.alveodrink.com/

My first reaction is this is crackpot meant to steal your money. The cheapest vile there costs over $250 bucks. There are pictures of a doctor with these credentials:

Dr. Sohrab Khoshbin: Ph.D., M.Sc., D.N.M., D. Hom., D.Acu., T.C.M., D.A.M., C.H.T

But I may be wrong. Is there any way to find out that this wonder drink is any beneficial? Or is this really that hopeless? I'm asking because that family member has finger poised on the order button, and I want to help them.

Biology news on Phys.org
Well, they don't claim it to be a cure first of all. It sounds like they are selling a mix of herbal supplements in one drink. Go to wiki, and see if they are good supplements to take for your condition.

What I would do, is look for individual supplements which might help with my condition.

Turmeric (curcumin) might be a good one to look at.

In vitro and animal studies have suggested that curcumin may have antitumor,[9][10] antioxidant, antiarthritic, anti-amyloid, anti-ischemic[11], and anti-inflammatory properties.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curcumin#Potential_medical_uses

He has *degrees* in holistic medicine, in other words, not real medical degrees, as in quacks like a duck.

Tell your relative to go buy the stuff at the grocery store, look at this list of every day spices! http://www.alveodrink.co.uk/product_ing.html

What I would do, is look for individual supplements which might help with my condition.

From what I understand there is one active ingredient she's looking for.

Evo said:
He has *degrees* in holistic medicine, in other words, not real medical degrees, as in quacks like a duck.

That's what I suspected.

Tell your relative to go buy the stuff at the grocery store, look at this list of every day spices! http://www.alveodrink.co.uk/product_ing.html

Yeah, no kidding. And the price of that has been inflated ten fold.

Try Collodial silver, I swear by it.

To be fair, he claims to have a degree in nutrition, which, if true, and depending on the circumstances, could make him more qualified in the field of nutrition than a medical doctor IMO.

That said, qualified poster doctors are dime a dozen. If you've ever stayed up late and watched infomercials. It is very common to see claimed doctors backing up ridiculous products.

It is really simple, figure out what is in it, and what it is good for. Figure out how much of what is in it. Decide if this is something you want to drink, and if cost is a factor, figure out how far a bottle goes, etc.

I don't swear by colloidal silver. There's no evidence that it's effective, and it's dangerous. If someone here is thinking about using colloidal silver, I suggest looking at research and talking to your traditional doctor.

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/silver/

LOL! Here's what that site says:
"ALVEO from AKUNA may help to regulate cellular function as well as in the regeneration of damaged cells, conceivable ensuring metabolic balance as well while supplying the body with the necessary items lacking in our diet. It can also aid in the degradation and elimination of metabolic and other waste products from the body.
I added the bold font for emphasis. It may...or may not (that's more likely). Somewhere in those 30 years of obtaining a laundry list of useless degrees, he must have learned how to be careful on product claims not to actually promise anything.

Eat a varied diet and you will also supply your body with things that might be lacking.

More importantly, before taking ANY herbal supplement, even if it's primarily going to have a placebo effect, caution your family member to check with her regular doctor or pharmacist to make sure there isn't anything in it that will interfere with any prescription or other over-the-counter medications she is taking. Even common foods can interfere with some medications, so it's always worth checking even if the ingredients seem totally innocuous and ineffective. On the off-chance there is something in it that really does have therapeutic value, it's even more important to make sure it won't have interactions with other medications she's on.

Remember, these herbal supplements are not FDA approved or regulated until they either cross a line to making therapeutic claims, or are found to be harmful. So even if your relative is willing to spend a lot of money on over-priced seasonings, it's always worth checking with someone who knows her medical history before assuming it's going to just be a harmless waste of money.

What is ALVEO and how does it work?

ALVEO is a brand name for a liquid dietary supplement that claims to have various health benefits. It is marketed as a natural remedy for a wide range of ailments and is said to work by providing necessary nutrients and boosting the immune system.

Is ALVEO safe to use?

ALVEO has not been approved by any medical or regulatory authority and its safety and efficacy have not been scientifically proven. It is always recommended to consult a healthcare professional before using any new supplement.

What are the ingredients in ALVEO?

The ingredients in ALVEO vary depending on the specific product, but they typically include a combination of herbs, vitamins, and minerals. Some of the common ingredients in ALVEO include ginseng, green tea extract, and various vitamins and minerals.

What health benefits does ALVEO claim to provide?

ALVEO is marketed as a cure for various health conditions such as fatigue, joint pain, allergies, and digestive issues. However, there is no scientific evidence to support these claims and they should not be taken as medical advice.

Are there any side effects of using ALVEO?

There have been reports of side effects from using ALVEO, including nausea, dizziness, and allergic reactions. As with any supplement, it is important to carefully read the ingredients and consult a healthcare professional before use to avoid any potential adverse effects.

Back