What Is the Practical Device Number of a Static Induction Thyristor?

In summary, the speaker is asking for help in finding the practical device number for the Static induction thyristor as they are about to end their report. They have searched on Google but have not been able to find any manufacturers. They are also asking for the speaker to share their report so far.
M.Ramiz
hello everybody!
i am making a report on Static induction thyristor and about to end the report but i could't find the practical device number of the SITH so if anybody knows about this, kindly tell me?

Engineering news on Phys.org
M.Ramiz said:
hello everybody!
i am making a report on Static induction thyristor and about to end the report but i could't find the practical device number of the SITH so if anybody knows about this, kindly tell me?

Welcome to the PF. I'm not familiar with the devices, but was there nothing in your Google search that gave you manufacturers?

http://www.google.com/search?source...GLL_enUS301US302&q=Static+induction+thyristor

Can you post what your report looks like so far?

1. What is a static induction thyristor?

A static induction thyristor (SITh) is a type of semiconductor device that is used for controlling electric current. It is a four-layer device with three terminals: an anode, a cathode, and a gate. SIThs are known for their high voltage and current handling capabilities, making them useful for power electronics applications.

2. How does a static induction thyristor work?

SIThs operate by using a gate signal to control the flow of current between the anode and cathode. When the gate signal is applied, it creates a depletion region in the device, allowing current to flow between the anode and cathode. This depletion region acts as a switch, allowing the device to turn on and off as needed.

3. What are the advantages of using a static induction thyristor?

SIThs offer several advantages over other types of thyristors. They have a low on-state voltage drop, allowing for efficient power conversion. They also have a high breakdown voltage, making them suitable for high voltage applications. Additionally, SIThs have a fast switching speed and can handle high currents, making them ideal for use in power electronics.

4. What are the applications of a static induction thyristor?

SIThs are commonly used in power electronics applications, such as motor drives, power supplies, and inverters. They are also used in high voltage systems, such as power transmission and distribution, and in high power switching applications, like electric vehicle charging stations.

5. What are the differences between a static induction thyristor and a traditional thyristor?

The main difference between a static induction thyristor and a traditional thyristor, such as a silicon-controlled rectifier (SCR), is the presence of a depletion region. SIThs have a depletion region that can be controlled by a gate signal, while traditional thyristors do not. This allows SIThs to have a faster switching speed and lower on-state voltage drop, making them more efficient for power conversion. Additionally, SIThs can handle higher currents and have a higher breakdown voltage than traditional thyristors.