Poorly describe movies and guess what they are

• Thread starter blade123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movies
In summary: Good Morning, Vietnam3. Jarhead5. Men in Black6. Chinatown7. Training Day8. Inglourious Basterds10. Rocky
Andy said:
Evil Machine kills people.

Terminator!

Physics news on Phys.org
nucleargirl said:
Terminator!
He probably means Terminator II.

Andy said:

Christine

Andy said:

Killdozer

I was thinking of the origional terminator

yay! :)

does that mean its my go next?!

ok: super funny interracial... that you'd walk a thousand miles to see.

too easy?!

another one? : cat gets soaking wet, film ends happily.

and another? over-hyped, long-winded black and white that has no plot and no-body gets it so they all say its amazingly funny.

Last edited:
Andy said:

50% of the science fiction films made since the late 60's.

I have no idea nukey girl.

nucleargirl said:
over-hyped, long-winded black and white that has no plot and no-body gets it so they all say its amazingly funny.
City Lights?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot1-O7nEvmk

Andy said:
I have no idea nukey girl.

lol, guess I'm good at this game :p

hm hints...

1st film: inter-racial AND inter-sexual! shown literally on the DVD cover.

2nd film: Title: eating where they sell best friends.

3rd film: ok, maybe it was just me who didn't get it. it also had a long-winded title! and if I understood correctly, the main characters were Nazis.

sorry Jimmy, not City Lights, though I haven't seen it so wouldn't know if it fits my description.

nucleargirl said:
2nd film: Title: eating where they sell best friends.
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Jimmy Snyder said:
Breakfast at Tiffany's

yes!

Jimmy Snyder said:
City Lights?

:) I like that clip. Its smart! and has great accompanying music!

nucleargirl said:
yes!
I've never seen the movie, but I'll probably get it from the Library now. Here's the opening credits. I was in Savannah, Georgia a few years back. The tour takes you past Forest Gump's bus stop bench, the theater where Lady Chablis sings, and everything Johnny Mercer. Then, just to dot our i's and cross our rivers, we loaded up the family jalopy and while arguing about which road to take, crossed Moon River. That's a style too I suppose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDddAKtELZ8

:) lol. funny expression you used!
Yeah you should get it! I like it, its one of my favourites!

I just saw it but didn't like it that much. While it was not a horrible movie, Holly Golightly is no Eliza Doolittle. I have mixed feelings about Mickey Rooney playing a Japanese with the stereotypical jutting teeth. He's a great actor of course, and he did what he could with the part, but since the character never did anything Japanese, he may as well have played a white. Japanese don't take soap into the tub. They wash and rinse outside the tub and enter it clean.

You may be good, or i may be rubbish.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I just saw it but didn't like it that much. While it was not a horrible movie, Holly Golightly is no Eliza Doolittle. I have mixed feelings about Mickey Rooney playing a Japanese with the stereotypical jutting teeth. He's a great actor of course, and he did what he could with the part, but since the character never did anything Japanese, he may as well have played a white. Japanese don't take soap into the tub. They wash and rinse outside the tub and enter it clean.

yeah, that bit is quite racist. that's the only bad bit for me. I like it cos she's so pretty and charming! and its so heartwarming!

Have we given up on the last one?

Andy said:
Have we given up on the last one?

ok ok, here are the answers for those interested.
1: White Chicks! 2: Breakfast atTiffany's 3: Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Thats cheating White chicks should not be classed as a film.

why? its really funny!

Really? oh dear, you have gone down in my estimations.

I laughed so much when I watched it! its so funny! like, don't expect anything really and just go along with it, and its great! of course its not realistic, but its entertaining! Its like the only comedy that I can watch again and again and still enjoy!

I don't know if it's been done

1) Man literally beats himself up...A LOT.

blade123 said:
I don't know if it's been done

1) Man literally beats himself up...A LOT.

Fight Club?How about this one:
Mutant fish man pees on tomato plants, aids in search for summit of Mt. Everest.

QuarkCharmer said:
Fight Club?

Bingo

True story, related, but not identical to the subject of the thread. Many years ago we were talking about movies, and Marzena couldn't remember name of one of the main characters of the movie; she couldn't even remember the movie title. All she was able to articulate was that the guy was a father of the princess' brother.

Oh, that is vague... Um...

Eh, how about a hint? Is it a documentary about British royalty? (They're always British in every movie, no exception.)

In the event I'm not horribly off mark, here's mine: Three (or four, or five including a god-like... alien... time-traveling... thing) kids act out old psychologists' nightmares in funny suits.

Last edited:
<h2>1. What is "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are"?</h2><p>"Poorly describe movies and guess what they are" is a game or activity where someone gives a vague or inaccurate description of a movie and others have to guess what movie it is based on that description.</p><h2>2. How do you play "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are"?</h2><p>To play "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are", one person will describe a movie using minimal details or misleading information. The other players then have to try and guess what movie it is based on that description. The person who guesses correctly gets to describe the next movie.</p><h2>3. Can you give an example of a "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are" description?</h2><p>Sure, an example of a poorly described movie could be "A group of friends go on a road trip and encounter some interesting characters along the way" - the correct answer would be "The Wizard of Oz".</p><h2>4. What are the benefits of playing "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are"?</h2><p>Playing "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are" can be a fun and entertaining way to test your knowledge of movies and pop culture. It also encourages creative thinking and can lead to humorous discussions and debates about movie interpretations.</p><h2>5. Are there any variations of "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are"?</h2><p>Yes, there are different variations of this game, such as "Poorly describe TV shows and guess what they are" or "Poorly describe books and guess what they are". The concept remains the same, but the subject matter can vary to keep the game interesting.</p>

1. What is "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are"?

"Poorly describe movies and guess what they are" is a game or activity where someone gives a vague or inaccurate description of a movie and others have to guess what movie it is based on that description.

2. How do you play "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are"?

To play "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are", one person will describe a movie using minimal details or misleading information. The other players then have to try and guess what movie it is based on that description. The person who guesses correctly gets to describe the next movie.

3. Can you give an example of a "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are" description?

Sure, an example of a poorly described movie could be "A group of friends go on a road trip and encounter some interesting characters along the way" - the correct answer would be "The Wizard of Oz".

4. What are the benefits of playing "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are"?

Playing "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are" can be a fun and entertaining way to test your knowledge of movies and pop culture. It also encourages creative thinking and can lead to humorous discussions and debates about movie interpretations.

5. Are there any variations of "Poorly describe movies and guess what they are"?

Yes, there are different variations of this game, such as "Poorly describe TV shows and guess what they are" or "Poorly describe books and guess what they are". The concept remains the same, but the subject matter can vary to keep the game interesting.