Exploring Nuclear Fusion Applications

In summary, the conversation discusses the applications of nuclear fusion, specifically in power generation and as large bombs. Google can provide general information on the topic, but the person asking for help is looking for specific information. The conversation then delves into the current state of fusion power and its potential for producing energy in the future. Various sources, such as Wikipedia and ITER, are suggested for further research. Ultimately, it is mentioned that while fusion reactors have been constructed for research purposes, a commercially viable and energy-producing fusion power reactor has yet to be perfected.
sad life
I need to know the applications of nuclear fusion, Is there anybody who could help?

Physics news on Phys.org
Power generation and large bombs. Google will return LOADS of websites with general information. Is there anything specific you want to know?

Re: Power Generation - we're not there yet! Well not in terms of producing an amount of energy in excess of the energy put into initiating the fusion reaction.

D+T fusion is used to produce neutrons.

And there are unfortunately thermonuclear weapons.

Nuclear fusion might be able to supply us power in the future, take a look at http://www.iter.org/

Thank u all for ur asistance, well as gluonz said that i better have a look over wikipedia, i must say that no doubt the subjective site is out standing but I couldn't find my required stuff out there even after searching quiet long.
But i hope liela's reference could help.
Thx indeed again.
FEE AMAN ALLAH

Plus another thing that i want to share is that, nuclear fusion reactors haven't constructed yet, thus nuclear fusion isn't nourishing us in power generation.

Fusion reactors have indeed been constructed, but they are for research purposes. It is true however, that a commercially viable fusion power reactor has yet to be perfected, or even one which produces a net amount of energy.

What is nuclear fusion?

Nuclear fusion is a process in which two or more atomic nuclei come together to form a heavier nucleus. This process releases a large amount of energy, which is the same process that powers the sun and other stars.

How is nuclear fusion different from nuclear fission?

Nuclear fusion is the process of combining smaller atomic nuclei to form a larger nucleus, while nuclear fission is the process of splitting a larger nucleus into smaller nuclei. Fusion releases more energy than fission, and has the potential to produce less radioactive waste.

What are some potential applications of nuclear fusion?

Nuclear fusion has the potential to provide a nearly limitless source of clean energy. It could also be used for materials testing, medical isotope production, and powering spacecraft.

What are the challenges of achieving practical fusion energy?

One of the main challenges of achieving practical fusion energy is controlling and containing the extremely hot and dense plasma needed for fusion reactions. Scientists are also working on developing materials that can withstand the intense heat and radiation produced during fusion reactions.

When do scientists think fusion energy will become a reality?

While significant progress has been made in fusion research, scientists are still working on overcoming the technical challenges and developing the necessary technology for practical fusion energy. It is difficult to predict when fusion energy will become a reality, but scientists are hopeful that it will be achievable in the near future.