Can I Create a Vacuum with One Inlet and Two Outlets?

In summary, it is possible to create a chamber with lower pressure inside it to achieve a desired reaction.
Davidrdguez
Hello, I'd like to propose you one question.

I tried to use my logic but it doesn't work.

I have a chamber and i make the vacuum in the interior of it. I have one inlet pipe and two outlet pipes, there is one substance that is coming in, the reaction inside the chamber and the two exits for the two products that they were produced in the reaction.

I'd like to know if this is possible. I mean, I want the less possible pressure in the interior, and can I do this? put one substance into and out normally?

Thank you very much

Attachments

• vacuum chamber.JPG
    vacuum chamber.JPG
    2.8 KB · Views: 418
Physics news on Phys.org
What kind of reaction are you referring to? Since you only have one inlet you are presumably not talking about a reaction resulting from "mixing" two gases.

Otherwise, I can't see why it wouldn't be possible. You need one pump for circulating the gases and another for the differential pumping of the chamber.

Spray dryer

Hi,

Actually the chamber I speak about it's a drying chamber of a spray dryer. It's a device to dry particles. There are one mix of product and water, we atomize it in small droplets (always inside the room) and with dry air (I forgot one another inlet pipe, the air to dry) we put the water off the mix. That's what happens inside the chamber.

I doubt because I need special devices in the inlet and outlet pipes and as I have the lower pressure inside the chamber and atmospheric pressure in the pipes I don't know if it is possible.

Thanks

Yes it's possible. You have your reactant going in, and pressure in the chamber can be controlled via the outlet in a manner similar to vacuum filtration.

The only thing is that pressure of the inlet will increase to attempt to balance out the low pressure in the chamber.

Ok, i understand.

Thank you, you have helped me very much.

1. How does a vacuum with one inlet and two outlets work?

A vacuum with one inlet and two outlets works by using a powerful motor to create suction through the inlet. The two outlets act as a way to distribute the suction to different areas, allowing for more efficient cleaning or suction of debris.

2. Can one inlet and two outlets create a stronger vacuum than a traditional vacuum with one inlet and one outlet?

Yes, a vacuum with one inlet and two outlets can create a stronger vacuum than a traditional vacuum with one inlet and one outlet. By having two outlets, the suction is distributed more evenly, allowing for a stronger overall vacuum power.

3. Is there a limit to how far apart the two outlets can be for a vacuum with one inlet and two outlets to work effectively?

There is no specific limit, but the further apart the outlets are, the weaker the suction may be. It is recommended to keep the outlets within a reasonable distance for optimal suction power.

4. Can a vacuum with one inlet and two outlets be used for both dry and wet cleaning?

Yes, a vacuum with one inlet and two outlets can be used for both dry and wet cleaning. However, it is important to make sure the vacuum is designed for both types of cleaning and has the necessary attachments and filters for each.

5. Are there any potential issues or drawbacks to using a vacuum with one inlet and two outlets?

One potential issue with a vacuum with one inlet and two outlets is the risk of clogging if the debris is not evenly distributed between the two outlets. Additionally, if one outlet becomes clogged, it may affect the overall suction power of the vacuum.