Crest White Strips: Do They Work After Expiration?

• Thread starter blimkie.k
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing the effectiveness of Crest White Strips and whether they still work after their expiration date. The active ingredient, hydrogen peroxide, may still work but can decompose quickly in water. It is recommended to not use the strips after their expiration date. Some individuals have found success with using them, but only within the expiration date.
blimkie.k
First of all the chemistry behind crest white strips, do they actually work?

I have a package of Crest White Strips Premium plus my friend gave me from his work they have expired are they still effective after expiration date?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Check what active ingredient is - that's answer to both your questions :wink:

Hydrogen peroxide is a strong oxidizer - so it may work. It is also unstable - so they can be not effective after expiration date, or at least less effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not use it after the expiration date.

Hydrogen peroxide decomposes at a fast rate in water, I would still use the product since these strips have Hydrogen Peroxide imbedded in something other than water, however they may not be a great as one which has not exceeded the expiration date. Observe the package , if it seems inflated , than it's probably no good.

My mother swears by them, they definitely work... within the expiration date, at least.

1. Do Crest White Strips still work after they have expired?

It is not recommended to use Crest White Strips after their expiration date. The effectiveness of the product may be diminished due to the breakdown of the active ingredients over time.

2. How long after expiration can I still use Crest White Strips?

The expiration date on Crest White Strips indicates the last day that the product is guaranteed to be at its full effectiveness. It is not recommended to use the product after this date.

3. Can expired Crest White Strips be harmful?

No, expired Crest White Strips are not known to be harmful. However, their efficacy may be reduced and they may not provide the desired whitening results.

4. What happens if I use expired Crest White Strips?

If you use expired Crest White Strips, you may not see the desired whitening results. The active ingredients in the product may have degraded, leaving the strips less effective.

5. Is it safe to use expired Crest White Strips?

It is not recommended to use expired Crest White Strips. While they are not known to be harmful, their effectiveness may be reduced and they may not provide the desired whitening results.