Welcome Back Gale17 - Happy Holidays!

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
In summary: I don't know how long. actually I'm not in SD. I'm actually stationed at an army base in CA right now. In a few months I'll be transferred to Georgia, and that will probably be my permantent duty station for... well, I don't know how long.
Gale
Hi all,

I'm not sure who's around who remembers me but I just thought I'd stop in and say hello anyway. I haven't posted in the last few years, and haven't even lurked much recently but I got all nostalgic today and was perusing my old haunts and of course came back here. I think I just feel a need to post in here and add to the number of states I was living in while posting here.

Anyway, Happy Holidays to all! Hope everyone is well and thriving.

-Gale17

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Gale! How are you doing? Have you finished school?

And, I think you're WAY older than 17 by now. :biggrin:

GALE! I've missed you!

Moonbear said:
Hi Gale! How are you doing? Have you finished school?

And, I think you're WAY older than 17 by now. :biggrin:

Yeah... something like 22 now. Its been a while. No, I didn't finish school. I enlisted in the Navy a year ago, and I'm super happy with the decision. I speak arabic now, and currently I'm stationed in California. Hopefully in the next year or so I'll have the opportunity to finish my math degree though.

Gale said:
Yeah... something like 22 now. Its been a while. No, I didn't finish school. I enlisted in the Navy a year ago, and I'm super happy with the decision. I speak arabic now, and currently I'm stationed in California. Hopefully in the next year or so I'll have the opportunity to finish my math degree though.

Wow! That's an exciting new direction. I'm glad you've found something that finally makes you happy (and got you out on your own).

Gale said:
Hi all,

I'm not sure who's around who remembers me but I just thought I'd stop in and say hello anyway. I haven't posted in the last few years, and haven't even lurked much recently but I got all nostalgic today and was perusing my old haunts and of course came back here. I think I just feel a need to post in here and add to the number of states I was living in while posting here.

Anyway, Happy Holidays to all! Hope everyone is well and thriving.

-Gale17

I don't know you, but hi!

Hi Gale!:smile:
Welcome back!

Gale said:
Hey Gale, welcome home. Very cool about learning arabic. You must be down in SD?

Happy sails! :biggrin:

Hi Gale, good to see you thriving! Happy holidays to you too :smile:

Gale said:
...and currently I'm stationed in California.

In you're in San Diego it's an automatic mast for not contacting me.

Glad to hear you're liking the Navy!

I remember you. You are pillowhead.

jimmysnyder said:
I remember you. You are pillowhead.

LOL! I had forgotten that! Now Gale will have to kill you for reminding everyone of that story. :biggrin:

So very nice to hear a up date on you. Gail, we sure have missed you, and yes even worried about you. Don't you ever take this long to get in touch with us again!

The Navy is a great choice, so much to learn and so many cute men:blushing: Always remember us as your home port, you will always be welcome. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Hi Gale 22 Or So,
Congratulations! It is great to hear that you are doing so well.

Hi Gale, aka pillowhead, that was born the same day and year as my own daughter!

I'm so glad to hear you found something you enjoy and got away from home.

We love you!

Hi Gale!

If you're ever in the Long Beach area and want to hang out let me know.

hey sailor, if you get some shore leave, maybe you, Zoob, and the Ape, and I could meet up in San Diego. Would be even more fun if Huckleberry could come - you two could swap Navy stories. :)

Math Is Hard said:
hey sailor, if you get some shore leave, maybe you, Zoob, and the Ape, and I could meet up in San Diego. Would be even more fun if Huckleberry could come - you two could swap Navy stories. :)

That would be fun. Unfortunately my car is a heap and I worry that I'll even make it to work each day. I'm not sure I should drive it all the way down to SD. :-/

Astronuc said:
Hey Gale, welcome home. Very cool about learning arabic. You must be down in SD?

Happy sails! :biggrin:

actually I'm not in SD. I'm actually stationed at an army base in CA right now. In a few months I'll be transferred to Georgia, and that will probably be my permantent duty station for a while.

So no mast for me yet Zooby.

Its definitely a very interesting direction for my life to have taken. But its a happy one, in fact I'm thriving. Its amazing what some strictly enforced rules will do for a girl. But yeah. Arabic is awesome, and I'm excited to do some serious traveling in the future. Its just funny to think back on how I got here, and how somehow everything sort of works out in the end.

Math Is Hard said:

If only I lived that far South. I'm North of LA, about 2 hours from San Fran.

And PS- central CA coast totally sucks. I thought I'd be leaving the cold weather!

Gale said:
actually I'm not in SD. I'm actually stationed at an army base in CA right now. In a few months I'll be transferred to Georgia, and that will probably be my permantent duty station for a while.

So no mast for me yet Zooby.
A Zoobie's Mast is not so bad. Ask Math Is Hard. You would be required to appear before me at a cafe and doodle with colored pencils till you had to get back to base.
Its definitely a very interesting direction for my life to have taken. But its a happy one, in fact I'm thriving. Its amazing what some strictly enforced rules will do for a girl. But yeah. Arabic is awesome, and I'm excited to do some serious traveling in the future. Its just funny to think back on how I got here, and how somehow everything sort of works out in the end.

I am amazed how someone who seemed so chaotic can thrive under rigid rules. I'm thinking now the Navy should buy out "Girls Gone Wild" and use it as a front for a press gang.

Gale said:
If only I lived that far South. I'm North of LA, about 2 hours from San Fran.

And PS- central CA coast totally sucks. I thought I'd be leaving the cold weather!

Monterey? If so, go to the aquarium. I bet MIH could zip up there.

zoobyshoe said:
A Zoobie's Mast is not so bad. Ask Math Is Hard. You would be required to appear before me at a cafe and doodle with colored pencils till you had to get back to base.

I am amazed how someone who seemed so chaotic can thrive under rigid rules. I'm thinking now the Navy should buy out "Girls Gone Wild" and use it as a front for a press gang.

First time I typed this it was accidently in Arabic... hmph. Anyway, that doesn't seem so terrible really. Heck of a lot better than the masts we have around here. Speaking of which, lots of drug busts lately. Not so good. But yeah, it really is crazy how well I've adapted and settled down. It seems all I ever really needed was some good rigid rules. Perhaps that explains why I like math so much eh? I'm pretty sure there are some interesting philosophies that could develop from that line of thought. All the structure really makes all my whims and fancies rather productive, sometimes unintentionally even.

Astronuc said:
Monterey? If so, go to the aquarium. I bet MIH could zip up there.

Yeah, I've been there actually. Its really quite something. Pricey though, but definitely some cool sites. ever seen some of the crazy sea dragons? They're insanely cool looking. Like a seahorse but crazier.

Gale said:
First time I typed this it was accidently in Arabic... hmph. Anyway, that doesn't seem so terrible really. Heck of a lot better than the masts we have around here. Speaking of which, lots of drug busts lately. Not so good.
I'm sure you know this, but last week a guy was telling me how they've done away with the no double indemnity on DUI's. It's an automatic mast, now, with demotion and astronomical fines, on top of whatever civilian penalties they incur.
But yeah, it really is crazy how well I've adapted and settled down. It seems all I ever really needed was some good rigid rules. Perhaps that explains why I like math so much eh? I'm pretty sure there are some interesting philosophies that could develop from that line of thought. All the structure really makes all my whims and fancies rather productive, sometimes unintentionally even.
I'm really glad you like it and are thriving. "...interesting philosophies..." indeed! It has certainly got me thinking.

Gale said:
Yeah, I've been there actually. Its really quite something. Pricey though, but definitely some cool sites. ever seen some of the crazy sea dragons? They're insanely cool looking. Like a seahorse but crazier.

Ah, you mean like the Leafy Sea Dragon?

2ql5oop.jpg

:cool:

lisab said:
Ah, you mean like the Leafy Sea Dragon?

2ql5oop.jpg

:cool:

That's the one. Crazy thing eh? They're even wilder to see in person. And some are tiny. They're very cool.

Zoobyshoe said:
I'm sure you know this, but last week a guy was telling me how they've done away with the no double indemnity on DUI's. It's an automatic mast, now, with demotion and astronomical fines, on top of whatever civilian penalties they incur.

I'm really glad you like it and are thriving. "...interesting philosophies..." indeed! It has certainly got me thinking.

Yeah, the Navy is really cracking down on DUI's and drinking underage as well. Demotions are really rough, and a few weeks ago I watched a guy recently frocked to E5 get a DUI and demoted back to E3. That's a HUGE deal. Nexts weeks masts will be throwing people out of the military once they finish their time here in punishment. Its serious stuff, but I'm glad for it anyway. The military is a dangerous place to be screwing around. Lives are on the line...

At any rate, thanks again to everyone for everything through the years. I'm very fortunate to have had such a positive outlet during my more troubled times. And very fortunate indeed to have eventually ended up so well.

Thanks again!

1. What is "Welcome Back Gale17 - Happy Holidays!" about?

"Welcome Back Gale17 - Happy Holidays!" is a festive message or greeting to welcome back a person named Gale17 and wish them a happy holiday season.

2. Who is Gale17?

Gale17 is a person who is being welcomed back in this message. They could be a friend, family member, colleague, or any other individual.

3. Why is this message being sent?

This message is being sent as a way to show appreciation for Gale17 and to spread joy and cheer during the holiday season.

4. Is this message specific to a particular holiday?

While the message mentions holidays, it does not specify a particular one. This message can be used for any holiday during the winter season, such as Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or New Year's.

5. Can I use this message to welcome back someone other than Gale17?

Yes, absolutely! This message is not limited to welcoming back only Gale17. You can use it to welcome back anyone and spread holiday cheer to those you care about.