Nuclear Crisis/North Korea

• News
  • Thread starter pallidin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Nuclear
In summary, North Korea has developed advanced centrifuges and may be trying to build a nuclear weapon. The United States and other countries should take action to stop them.
pallidin
It is my understanding that NK has developed advanced centrifuges.
WHEN do we consider it a global security threat??
Perhaps it's Iran as well.

Sorry to say, but it's time to take them both down. My opinion.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
North Korea had a failed weapons launch, called it successful, and now wants to sit at the big boys table. North Korea is a long way from being a contender.

MotoH said:
North Korea had a failed weapons launch, called it successful, and now wants to sit at the big boys table.
I'm pretty sure North Korea has successfully carried out nuclear tests. Are you just talking about ICBM testing? Who cares about that? Or do you walk around with the 'if it's not happenin in my backyard it ain't my problem' attitude.
North Korea is a long way from being a contender.
I wonder if South Korea thinks that...

As well with North Korea it's not only Nuclear weapons that should be discussed but other the other WMDs they have.

Last edited:
pallidin said:
It is my understanding that NK has developed advanced centrifuges.
WHEN do we consider it a global security threat??
Perhaps it's Iran as well.

Sorry to say, but it's time to take them both down. My opinion.

Yes its time to take those 2 slave countries.

USA you always will count with the people who believe in progress, freedom, democracy and peace here in Latin America, not matter what monkeys like Chavez and the other reds that want to make Latin America go worst than its now.

in my opinion Iran is a considerably bigger threat than North Korea, because they have terrorist groups that would be happy to use a nuke against their neighbors, especially Israel, even if the government was not willing to. The North Korean leaders may not care about their people, but they don't want to die. which is what would happen if they actually used nuclear weapons against another country.
About taking them down... have you been paying attention to history for the last 50 years? we never did manage to control north Korea with conventional weapons and still have troops in south Korea in case they try to invade again, and we spent trillions trying to control Iraq, also mostly unsuccessfully. If you're proposing a preemptive nuclear strike- please don't.

mate0 said:
in my opinion Iran is a considerably bigger threat than North Korea, because they have terrorist groups that would be happy to use a nuke against their neighbors, especially Israel, even if the government was not willing to. The North Korean leaders may not care about their people, but they don't want to die. which is what would happen if they actually used nuclear weapons against another country.
About taking them down... have you been paying attention to history for the last 50 years? we never did manage to control north Korea with conventional weapons and still have troops in south Korea in case they try to invade again, and we spent trillions trying to control Iraq, also mostly unsuccessfully. If you're proposing a preemptive nuclear strike- please don't.

Oh really?

MotoH said:
Oh really?

You should have just posted this:
orly_owl.jpg

MotoH said:
Oh really?

yes, we are still losing troops there every few days, so we obviously haven't won yet. The problem with trying to suppress a country without actually invading is that your enemies can just hide until you leave.

love the graphic zom

1. What is the current situation with North Korea's nuclear program?

The current situation with North Korea's nuclear program is tense and uncertain. North Korea has been developing nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles for decades, and tensions have escalated in recent years due to the country's nuclear and missile tests. The country has also made threats against the United States and its allies, causing concern and prompting international sanctions.

2. How did North Korea obtain nuclear weapons?

North Korea began its nuclear program in the 1950s with the help of the Soviet Union. However, it was not until the 1980s that the country began actively pursuing nuclear weapons. Over the years, North Korea has used a combination of indigenous research and technology as well as assistance from other countries, including China and Pakistan, to develop its nuclear program.

3. What are the potential risks of a nuclear crisis involving North Korea?

The potential risks of a nuclear crisis involving North Korea are significant. A nuclear attack or accident could cause catastrophic human and environmental damage. In addition, a nuclear-armed North Korea could potentially sell or transfer weapons to other countries or terrorist groups, leading to even greater instability and danger.

4. How is the international community responding to the North Korean nuclear crisis?

The international community has responded to the North Korean nuclear crisis through a combination of diplomatic efforts and economic sanctions. The United Nations Security Council has passed multiple resolutions imposing sanctions on North Korea in an attempt to pressure the country to abandon its nuclear program. Other countries, such as the United States and South Korea, have also engaged in diplomatic efforts to address the issue.

5. Is there a possibility for a peaceful resolution to the North Korean nuclear crisis?

While the situation with North Korea's nuclear program is complex and ongoing, there is always a possibility for a peaceful resolution. Diplomatic efforts and negotiations are key in finding a solution that benefits both North Korea and the international community. However, it will require cooperation and compromise from all parties involved to achieve a successful resolution.