HTML the thing keeping me from suicide

• Thread starter matt_chosen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Html
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of Dreamweaver for coding websites and the benefits of using it versus coding with HTML on notepad. The speaker suggests that while Dreamweaver may make coding easier, it is not necessary and one can become proficient in HTML through practice and research. Another speaker mentions their preference for Dreamweaver and implies that it is a more professional tool for coding websites.
matt_chosen
lol i don't have dream weaver so i have to rely on damn HTML i know what it is and i know the coding but i know dream weaver would make it tons easyer

sugestions please

Computer science news on Phys.org
what is your question?

Dreamweaver creates messy html tags afaik

If you're any good with HTML, then you will find that Dreamweaver doesn't make it THAT much easier.
I never use any software to code my websites, I just open notepad, and off I go (except for Adobe for the imagery :P).

I found that I really wanted to get Dreamweaver, for a similar reason as you. However, I then realized that it's because I had troube with HTML, and making exactly what I want, appear exactly where I wanted it :(. However, I then listed all the problem sI had with HTML, eg; how to use tables, etc, then researched them. I revised them mostly at: www.echoecho.com, and am very happy just using HTML :D

Perhaps you should try the same :)

Best of luck,
[r.D]

thnks your a problem solver

Well - I learned using and coding HTML by using Dreamweaver. It's the best software I've ever used. And if you're really professional Watez you wouldn't be coding it in Notepad. Even I, after 5 years, get claostrophobic using notepad...

1. What is HTML?

HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language and it is the standard language used for creating webpages. It is the foundation of every website and is responsible for the structure and content of a webpage.

2. How does HTML work?

HTML works by using a set of tags to define the structure and content of a webpage. These tags are used to mark up different elements such as headings, paragraphs, images, and links. The browser then interprets these tags and displays the content accordingly.

3. Do I need to learn HTML to create a website?

While it is not necessary to learn HTML to create a website, having a basic understanding of HTML can be beneficial. There are also many tools and platforms available that allow you to create a website without having to write HTML code.

4. What are the essential tags in HTML?

Some essential tags in HTML include the <html> tag, which marks the start and end of an HTML document, the <head> tag, which contains important information about the webpage, and the <body> tag, which contains the visible content of the webpage.

5. Can I use HTML to style my webpage?

No, HTML is used for creating the structure and content of a webpage. To style a webpage, you would need to use CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) or other styling languages. However, HTML does provide some basic formatting options such as headings, paragraphs, and lists.