Microsoft essentials fails test

• Thread starter mathman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, Microsoft Essentials may have failed a test due to outdated virus definitions, conflicts with other software, or a technical issue. However, it is generally considered a reliable antivirus program with high ratings and reviews. If it fails a test, it is recommended to check for updates and ensure proper functioning, but there are also alternative programs such as Norton, McAfee, and Avast available for consideration.
mathman
Science Advisor
http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-57564385-12/microsoft-bombs-another-security-test/?tag=nl.e415&s_cid=e415

Above from CNET.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Gee, Microsoft fails a security test? I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you.

Disappointing, but it hasn't failed me yet. I've been running it for a few years.

1. Why did Microsoft Essentials fail the test?

There could be several reasons why Microsoft Essentials did not perform well on the test. It could be due to outdated virus definitions, conflicts with other software, or a technical issue with the testing environment.

2. Is Microsoft Essentials a reliable antivirus program?

While Microsoft Essentials may have failed the test, it is generally considered to be a reliable antivirus program. It has consistently received high ratings and reviews from independent testing labs and has been effective in protecting against a variety of threats.

3. What should I do if Microsoft Essentials fails a test?

If Microsoft Essentials fails a test, it is important to first check for any available updates and ensure that the program is running properly. If the issue persists, you may want to consider using a different antivirus program or contacting Microsoft support for further assistance.

4. Can I still use Microsoft Essentials even if it failed a test?

Yes, you can still use Microsoft Essentials even if it failed a test. However, it is important to regularly check for updates and make sure the program is functioning properly to ensure the best protection against viruses and other threats.

5. Are there any alternatives to Microsoft Essentials?

Yes, there are many alternatives to Microsoft Essentials in the antivirus software market. Some popular options include Norton, McAfee, and Avast. It is important to research and compare different programs to find the best fit for your needs.