Ever wondered what law perspective follows?

In summary, The conversation discusses the relationship between apparent height and real height over a distance and whether it follows a law perspective. The participants mention conducting an experiment and discovering a linear relationship between the two measurements. They also discuss the possibility of the relationship being represented by a formula with a constant and distance variables.
JohnnyTheFox
Anyone ever wondered what law pespective follows? If there is one... I mean a relationship between apparent height and real height over a distance. I was going to try an experiement if I ever get round to it. I'll be disapointed if its just another inverse square law :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
I just did a quick exp then and I think its a linear relationship.

I tried it with the lights at work and it didn't seem to be I'll try again lol

Well i held a phone x distance awy nad held a ruler to my eye and measured the apparent height, and then i moved the phone 2x away and the height increased lineraly (i think!)

Hmm found a ruler. I seem to get it as it halfs with doubling the distance. So is that 1/d? Can't think tonight.

Yep - linear relationship

Apparent height = k/distance

where k is a constant

1. What is the difference between civil law and common law?

Civil law is a legal system based on written codes and statutes, while common law is based on judicial decisions and precedents. Civil law is typically used in countries with a continental European legal tradition, while common law is used in countries with a British legal tradition.

2. How does international law fit into the legal perspective?

International law is the set of rules and principles that govern the relationships between countries. It is a combination of treaties, customs, and general principles recognized by nations. It is considered a separate legal perspective because it deals with interactions between sovereign states rather than individuals.

3. What is the role of precedent in the legal perspective?

Precedent refers to previous court decisions that are used as a guide for current and future cases. In common law systems, precedent plays a significant role in determining the outcome of a case. In civil law systems, precedent is not binding but can still be influential.

4. How do religious laws fit into the legal perspective?

Religious laws, also known as Sharia law, are a set of legal principles based on the teachings of Islam. They are primarily used in countries with a large Muslim population and may coexist with civil or common law systems. Religious laws are considered a separate legal perspective because they are based on religious beliefs rather than secular laws.

5. How do different legal perspectives interact with each other?

Legal perspectives can interact in a variety of ways, such as through international treaties, cross-border disputes, and the recognition of foreign judgments. In some cases, conflicts may arise between different legal perspectives, and it is up to the respective legal systems to determine how to resolve these conflicts.