Math Olympiad: Rules & Eligibility for University Students

In summary, the Math Olympiad for University Students is a competition designed to challenge and promote the mathematical abilities of undergraduate and graduate students. It is open to all students currently enrolled in an accredited university, including international students. The winners are determined by their performance in a final round of challenging mathematical problems. There are specific rules and regulations that participants must follow to ensure fairness and integrity of the competition.
kurt.physics
Hello,

Does anyone know the rules for the math Olympiad? If you accelerated to University but are still "technically" in HS, can you still compete?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I thought it was more of an age restriction rather than education level. You should be able to compete.

i was supposed to take the test not too long ago. it snowed and we were off school so i missed it.

My bro represented swe in the physics and chemist olympiad ...

Well, here in South Africa, you have to be a high school student to enter, unless it is an olympiad for university students.

1. What is the purpose of the Math Olympiad for University Students?

The purpose of the Math Olympiad for University Students is to promote and challenge the mathematical skills and knowledge of university students through a series of challenging mathematical problems and competitions.

2. Who is eligible to participate in the Math Olympiad for University Students?

The Math Olympiad for University Students is open to all undergraduate and graduate students currently enrolled in an accredited university. There are no age restrictions for participation.

3. Are international students allowed to participate in the Math Olympiad for University Students?

Yes, international students are welcome to participate in the Math Olympiad for University Students. The competition is open to students from all countries.

4. How are the winners determined in the Math Olympiad for University Students?

The winners of the Math Olympiad for University Students are determined based on their performance in the final round of the competition. The final round consists of a series of challenging mathematical problems that must be solved within a specified time frame.

5. Are there any specific rules and regulations for the Math Olympiad for University Students?

Yes, there are specific rules and regulations that participants must adhere to in order to ensure fairness and integrity of the competition. These rules and regulations will be provided to all participants prior to the start of the competition.