Help me to learn CS and Physics

• Thread starter poo_of_poo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cs Physics
In summary, the speaker is a computer science student from Bangladesh with a low CGPA of 2.22. They are looking for a university in the USA that will not consider their current grades, but instead evaluate them based on their performance at the institution. They have completed 92 credits out of 131 and are wondering if they can continue from the third year. However, they do not have enough money to pay for college in the USA and are considering working while studying. The responder suggests that it is unlikely for a decent school to transfer credits based on grades and that colleges in the USA are expensive. They advise the speaker to focus on improving their grades and apply for fully funded graduate programs in the USA once their GPA is above 3
poo_of_poo
Hey, I am a computer science student from Bangladesh. Here, the teaching technique of computer science is not so suitable for me. So I did very bad. My CGPA is just 2.22 out of 4 scale. I know I can achieve good grades but I am reluctant to study here. Is there any university in USA which will not consider my recent grades but will judge me according to my result in their institution? I don't want to start from the very beginning. I have already completed 92 credits out of 131. Do they consider me to continue from 3rd year?
And I don't have so much money to spend, I can earn if I get job in USA. Is it possible to get a degree in Computer Science or Physics after doing some jobs for living & studying? I am so much passionate to learn about these. Can you help me friends. Please. I am hopeless as far as I helpless.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm confused. You want a college that will admit you and take your credits, but not judge whether or not to admit you based on your grades in those credits? It's unlikely any decent school would let you transfer based on your grades, and they won't take more than 2 years worth of credits (and only credits in which you got a C or higher). You can't work while on a student VISA, and colleges here are very expensive. I think you'd be better off staying where you are and trying to raise your grades as much as possible. If you get them over 3.0, you can apply for graduate programs here, and those are fully funded.

What is CS and Physics?

CS, or computer science, is the study of computers and computational systems. It involves the theory, design, development, and application of computers and software. Physics is the study of matter, energy, and their interactions. It is often described as the most fundamental of the sciences, as it underlies all other natural sciences.

Why is it important to learn CS and Physics?

Learning CS and Physics can help you develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as a deeper understanding of how the world works. CS skills are in high demand in today's job market, while physics knowledge can be applied to various fields such as engineering, medicine, and technology.

What are some resources for learning CS and Physics?

There are many resources available for learning CS and Physics, such as online courses, textbooks, and video tutorials. Some popular online platforms for CS and Physics learning include Coursera, Khan Academy, and MIT OpenCourseWare. Additionally, your local library or community college may offer classes or workshops on these topics.

What skills do I need to learn CS and Physics?

While prior knowledge in math and science can be helpful, there are no specific skills required to learn CS and Physics. It is important to have a curious and open mindset, as well as a willingness to learn and practice new concepts. Basic computer skills, such as typing and navigating the internet, are also useful for CS learning.

How can I apply what I learn in CS and Physics to real-world problems?

CS and Physics are both highly applicable to real-world problems. For example, CS skills can be used to develop software and algorithms to solve complex problems, while physics principles can be applied to design and optimize various systems and technologies. Additionally, both fields involve critical thinking and problem-solving, which are essential skills for any career and daily life.