Couplings of sfermions to h Higgs boson

Higgs boson in the MSSM. They are trying to reach Equation (1.109) in arXiv:hep-ph/0503173 and are asking for any useful references. Another person suggests taking a look at Haber and Kane's paper from 1985. S.S. clarifies that they are looking for a derivation of matrix 1.104, which comes from F-terms, D-terms, and soft SuSy-breaking terms. They found these calculations in Atchinson's book, Supersymmetry in Particle Physics (2007). In summary, S.S. is looking for detailed calculations of the couplings
Safinaz
Hi all,

I try to find the detailed calculations of the couplings of sfermions to the lightest h Higgs boson
in MSSM, I want to reach Equ. (1.109) in [arXiv:hep-ph/0503173],

Do you know any useful reference ?

Bests,
S.S.

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by detailed calculations? The coupling constant is in the lagrangian as the factor multiplying the fields' couplings. Or in your ref, the couplings are given by the 1.103 equation...
However you could take a look at:
H.E. Haber and G.L. Kane
Phys. Rep. 117,75 (1985)
I think...

Well, I meant to derive a matrix 1.104 in my Ref., which comes from F-terms, D-terms and soft SuSy-breaking terms as it explained, I found these calculations in Atchinson's book : Supersymmetry in Particle Physics (2007) .

S.S.

1. What are sfermions and how do they couple to the Higgs boson?

Sfermions are hypothetical particles in supersymmetric theories that are the superpartners of fermions. They are spin-0 particles and are expected to interact with the Higgs boson through Yukawa couplings, which are responsible for giving particles their mass.

2. Why is the coupling of sfermions to the Higgs boson important in supersymmetric theories?

The coupling of sfermions to the Higgs boson plays a crucial role in supersymmetric theories because it is responsible for ensuring the stability of the Higgs boson's mass. This is known as the "Higgs mass hierarchy problem" and is one of the main motivations for supersymmetry.

3. How do the couplings of sfermions to the Higgs boson affect the search for supersymmetry at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC)?

The couplings of sfermions to the Higgs boson can impact the production and decay rates of supersymmetric particles at the LHC. By studying these interactions, scientists can gain insight into the properties of supersymmetric particles and potentially discover new physics beyond the Standard Model.

4. Are there any experimental constraints on the couplings of sfermions to the Higgs boson?

Yes, there have been numerous experimental studies and theoretical calculations that have placed constraints on the couplings of sfermions to the Higgs boson. These constraints are important for validating supersymmetric theories and for guiding future experiments.

5. How do the couplings of sfermions to the Higgs boson affect the stability of the Higgs potential?

The couplings of sfermions to the Higgs boson are crucial for stabilizing the Higgs potential in supersymmetric theories. Without these interactions, the Higgs potential would be unstable and the Higgs boson mass would be highly sensitive to quantum corrections. The couplings help to cancel out these corrections and preserve the stability of the Higgs potential.