Finding the Indefinite Integral: A Calculus Homework Question

In summary, the conversation involves a question about finding a word that adds up to 100 and a calculus exercise. For the word, the alphabet is assigned numerical values and the sum of the letters must equal 100 or less. In terms of the exercise, the question is to find the indefinite integral and a link is provided for assistance.
joxer06
Hi everyone. I have this problem for my calculas class. So far i can only get a word which adds up to 94. any help is greatly appreciated.

For the alphabet, let a=1, b=2, ... z=26 then, you can start adding up letters of a word. For example, "love" = l+o+v+e = 12+15+22+5 = 54. So, love is 54% important. If you get a word that adds up to more than 100, subtract 100 from it until you get a number equal to or less than 100. The question is: can you find a word that adds up to 100 exactly?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
hi
can anyone help me with this exercise
Inte[(-(x)/((x + 1) - (x + 1)^(1/2))) dx]
and the question is: find the indefinite integral

thanks

Last edited:

1. What is Calculus?

Calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of change and motion. It involves the analysis of functions, limits, derivatives, integrals, and infinite series.

2. Why is Calculus important?

Calculus is important because it provides a framework for understanding and solving real-world problems related to motion, growth, and change. It is also the basis for many other fields of mathematics and science, such as physics, engineering, economics, and statistics.

3. How do I solve a Calculus homework question?

The first step in solving a Calculus homework question is to carefully read and understand the question. Next, you will need to use the appropriate formulas and techniques to solve the problem. It is important to show your work and explain your reasoning to receive full credit.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid in Calculus?

Some common mistakes to avoid in Calculus include not understanding the concepts and formulas, not showing all of your work, and making careless errors in calculations. It is also important to avoid using incorrect notation and not following the proper order of operations.

5. How can I improve my Calculus skills?

To improve your Calculus skills, it is important to practice regularly and seek help when needed. You can also review past topics and concepts to strengthen your understanding. Additionally, working with a study group or seeking a tutor can be beneficial in improving your skills.