Schematics of cell phone jammer and small and simple walkie talkie

In summary, the conversation discusses the desire to make a small and simple walkie talkie with a range of 2Km or more, as well as a cell phone jammer. However, the legality of building and using such devices is brought up, with the suggestion to consider building a low-power FM radio transmitter kit or obtaining a HAM radio license instead. It is also noted that making a cell phone jammer is illegal and can potentially interfere with emergency communication. The thread is ultimately locked.
Ibn-ul-hathim
I want to make my own small and simple walkie talkie with a range of 2Km or more. I can't find a small and simple schematic of that. I also want to make a cell phone jammer which will also be simple and small. I have a small knowledge and experience about electronics so suggest me a circuit which I can make easily.

Engineering news on Phys.org
While the walkie-talkie aspect is okay, I believe that cell phone jammers are illegal in most places. I have therefore reported this as a bad post so that the moderators can judge it. No offense intended.

Ibn-ul-hathim said:
I want to make my own small and simple walkie talkie with a range of 2Km or more. I can't find a small and simple schematic of that. I also want to make a cell phone jammer which will also be simple and small. I have a small knowledge and experience about electronics so suggest me a circuit which I can make easily.

Most countries have regulations governing the use of the public airwaves. In the US, it is covered by FCC Part 15 rules. You cannot just build up a transmitter and start transmitting -- that is generally illegal, depending on the frequency band and the power involved.

If you are interested in learning to build radios and RF devices, try building a low-power FM radio transmitter kit. They are designed to transmit only low power (range about 10 meters), so they are generally legal in most areas. If you want to transmit higher power, look at the 2.4GHZ ISM (microwave oven) band -- it generally allows longer range transmission still within legal limits. You still have to be careful how you design your transmitter though, to be sure you do not transmit energy outside of the permitted ISM band (like with harmonic issues).

And, if you want to learn more general radio stuff, consider getting your HAM radio license. Once you have that license, you may transmit in many bands, and with quite long range. Your transmitters still have to conform to rules about out-of-band transmission and fidelity issues, but you have a great deal of freedom with the HAM license.

Finally, making a cell phone jammer is most certainly illegal, depending on where you live. Consider the fact that many doctors and EMS workers get their pages via their cell phones. Do you really think it's such a good idea to jam their signals? What if the page is to help your loved one who is in the Emergency Department at the nearby Hostipal?

Thread locked.

1. How does a cell phone jammer work?

A cell phone jammer works by emitting radio frequency signals that disrupt the communication between a cell phone and its nearest cell tower. This prevents the cell phone from receiving or transmitting signals, essentially rendering it useless within the range of the jammer.

2. What are the components of a cell phone jammer?

The main components of a cell phone jammer include a power source, a radio frequency oscillator, an antenna, and a control circuit. Some jammers may also have additional components such as filters, amplifiers, and modulators to enhance their functionality.

3. Are cell phone jammers legal?

In most countries, the use of cell phone jammers is illegal as they interfere with licensed radio frequency bands. In some cases, they may also violate privacy laws. It is important to check with local laws and regulations before using a cell phone jammer.

4. Can a cell phone jammer block all types of cell phones?

Cell phone jammers are designed to block signals from a wide range of cell phone models and brands. However, newer cell phones with advanced technologies may be more difficult to jam. Additionally, jammers may not be able to block all frequencies used by cell phones.

5. What is the difference between a cell phone jammer and a walkie talkie?

A cell phone jammer is designed to block communication between cell phones and cell towers, while a walkie talkie is a two-way radio that allows communication between two or more devices using a specific frequency. Walkie talkies have a limited range, while cell phone jammers can disrupt signals within a larger area.