Questions, answers and multiple answers

• Thread starter chawki
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Multiple
In summary, having multiple answer options in a question allows for a wider range of responses and more accurate data analysis. To ensure unbiased options, careful wording and diverse feedback should be used. Open-ended questions allow for more personal responses while multiple choice questions are more efficient. The appropriate number of answer options can vary but it is recommended to have at least 3-4 options. A mix of open-ended and multiple choice questions can be beneficial depending on the research objectives and target audience.
chawki

Homework Statement

a) How many micrograms are equal to one kilogram?
b) What is the power dissipation of a light bulb of the kind commonly used in households? (In
your answer, give the order of magnitude only; the exact value is not required.)
c) By what factor will the kinetic energy of an object increase when its velocity increases by
50 %?
d) During its flight through air, a golf ball is affected by the following forces (select the
correct alternative and render the capital letter denoting it on your answer sheet):
A) gravity only
B) gravity and impact force
C) gravity, impact force and air resistance
D) gravity and air resistance
E) impact force and air resistance
e) Estimate the total consumption of fuel of all passenger cars in the US during one year.
f) A tape measure of steel has been manufactured and calibrated at a temperature of 20 °C.
When a measurement is performed using this tape measure at a temperature of 29 °C, the
results are (select the correct alternative and render the capital letter denoting it on your
answer sheet)
A) too great
B) too small
C) equally accurate as the measurement results at 20 °C.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

a) 109 micrograms.
b) P=V*I
c) ehhh 1/2*m*V2 ?:mad:
d) D
e) :mad:
f) C

Physics news on Phys.org
a) correct
b) I think you just need to quote the wattage of the usual lightbulb.
c) You know that KE = 0.5mv2, so what happens when 'v' is replaced by (1.5v)?
d) correct
e)Without looking that up, I am not sure how you're supposed to estimate that. Are you given some values to work with or something?
f) If you heat something up, what usually happens to it? (does it stay at the same length?)

A stone is thrown vertically up from the edge of the top of a 100-m high building. It reaches the ground (at the bottom of the building) after 10.0 s. What is the initial speed of the stone?

A) 39.0 m/s
B) 29.0 m/s
C) 49.0 m/s
D) 59.0 m/s
E) 69.0 m/s

[PLEASE HELP]

s200960170, you should start a new thread and follow the template outlined instead of posting your problem in another user's thread.

sorry, I'm new here, i just registered my account, so I'm still getting used to this place, i never really used Forums before.
thank you for the information.
anyways, i would be really great full if you could help me with that above problem.

rock.freak667 said:
a) correct
b) I think you just need to quote the wattage of the usual lightbulb.
c) You know that KE = 0.5mv2, so what happens when 'v' is replaced by (1.5v)?
d) correct
e)Without looking that up, I am not sure how you're supposed to estimate that. Are you given some values to work with or something?
f) If you heat something up, what usually happens to it? (does it stay at the same length?)

b) 60 watt (for example)?
c) 9/8 ?
e) no they did give nothing..that's why i was wondering what kind of question is this o:)
f) it would extand a little bit regarding just 9C, but regarding the choices they gave..i still think the answer is C.

chawki said:
b) 60 watt (for example)?
c) 9/8 ?
e) no they did give nothing..that's why i was wondering what kind of question is this o:)
f) it would extand a little bit regarding just 9C, but regarding the choices they gave..i still think the answer is C.

c) try to get it as something* (0.5mv2)

e) I am not sure as well

f) Yeah, that is correct, since 'too great' or 'too small' implies a significant increase.

c) 9/4 *1/2*m*V^2
so it's 9/4 ?

Yep.

1. What is the purpose of having multiple answer options in a question?

The purpose of having multiple answer options in a question is to allow for a wider range of possible responses and to provide more accurate and comprehensive data for analysis. It also allows for individuals to choose the answer that best reflects their opinion or knowledge on the topic.

2. How do you ensure that the multiple answer options are unbiased?

To ensure that the multiple answer options are unbiased, it is important to carefully consider and word each option to avoid any biased or leading language. Additionally, using a diverse group of individuals to review and provide feedback on the options can help to identify and eliminate any potential bias.

3. What is the difference between open-ended and multiple choice questions?

The main difference between open-ended and multiple choice questions is that open-ended questions allow for a wide range of responses and do not limit the respondent's options, while multiple choice questions provide a set of predefined answer options to choose from. Open-ended questions may provide more in-depth and personal responses, while multiple choice questions offer a quicker and more standardized way of collecting data.

4. How do you determine the appropriate number of answer options for a question?

The appropriate number of answer options for a question may vary depending on the type of question and the purpose of the data collection. In general, it is recommended to have at least 3-4 options to provide enough variety for respondents to choose from without overwhelming them. However, this can also depend on the complexity of the topic and the level of detail needed for analysis.

5. Is it better to have a mix of open-ended and multiple choice questions in a survey?

It can be beneficial to have a mix of open-ended and multiple choice questions in a survey, as each type offers different insights and advantages. Open-ended questions allow for more personal and detailed responses, while multiple choice questions provide a more standardized and efficient way of collecting data. It is important to consider the research objectives and target audience when determining the appropriate balance of question types.