My mouse cursor frozen on screen and I already tried .

• Thread starter lightsports
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Screen
In summary, the conversation discusses a frozen mouse cursor on a laptop screen and different attempts to fix it, including using keyboard commands and rebooting. The person is also asked for more details and is advised to check for touchpad drivers if they recently reformatted their laptop.
lightsports
My mouse cursor frozen on screen and I already tried ...

My mouse cursor has frozen on screen and I already tried the Fn-F9 and rebooting it and it didn't unfreeze it. Built in mouse is still unresposive. What else can I do? Any other comand on the laptop that could get the mouse going again?

Computer science news on Phys.org

Your mouse cursor is frozen on the screen but you still got here to sign up and post this? That must have taken a while.

Could you describe it a bit more? Do you have any mouse control?

Did you just reformat?

If so, make sure you have your touchpad drivers installed.

1. How can I fix a frozen mouse cursor on my screen?

There are a few potential solutions for a frozen mouse cursor, depending on the cause. First, try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, check your mouse and computer settings to make sure the cursor is not accidentally locked or disabled. You can also try updating your mouse driver or using a different mouse altogether.

2. Why did my mouse cursor freeze on my screen?

There can be several reasons why your mouse cursor froze. It could be a software issue, such as a glitch or conflict with another program. It could also be a hardware issue, such as a faulty mouse or a loose connection. In some cases, a virus or malware can also cause a frozen cursor.

3. What should I do if my mouse cursor is frozen and won't move?

If your mouse cursor is completely unresponsive, the first thing to try is restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, try using a different mouse or plugging your mouse into a different USB port. You can also try troubleshooting your mouse settings or checking for updates on your computer.

4. Can a frozen mouse cursor be a sign of a bigger problem?

In most cases, a frozen mouse cursor is just a minor issue and can be easily fixed. However, if the problem persists or is accompanied by other computer issues, it could be a sign of a bigger problem. It's always a good idea to regularly update your computer and run virus scans to prevent any potential issues.

5. How can I prevent my mouse cursor from freezing in the future?

To prevent your mouse cursor from freezing, make sure to regularly update your computer and mouse drivers. It's also important to keep your computer clean and free of viruses. Additionally, try not to overload your computer with too many programs or processes running at once, as this can also contribute to a frozen cursor.