Average force and force/tension used

In summary, the slower repapper used more force to move their weight the same distance as the faster repapper.
waynexk8
Not sure why my threads are closed ? As I think this needs an answer. To be honest, I do not think most here might have understood the question; let me explain the answer for you.

Imagine a giant Butterfly, one Butterfly flaps their wings once up for a height of 3m, taking 3 seconds, and then flaps them down for 3m, taking 3 seconds. Thus one flap. The Butterfly moves up in the air 3m.

Another Butterfly, flaps their wings once up for a height of 3m, taking .5 of second, and then flaps them down for 3m, taking .5 of a second. Thus six flaps. The Butterfly moves up in the air 18m.

A force is something that causes a object to undergo a change in speed, thus the most force for the same time frame, and the object undergoes more of a change in speed “thus covers more distance in the same time frame” right ?

So the second Butterfly produced MORE force/strength to move their wings, to move their whole bodies faster at more speed coving more distance. Butterfly one, did not produce as much force/strength in the same time frame, thus did not move so fast with as much speed, thus coved less distance.

Would you think I am right or wrong ? If wrong, how can Butterfly one not move as fast, with less speed, coving less distance if it used the same force/strength in the same time frame ? As a force is something that causes a object to undergo a change in speed, thus the most force for the same time frame, and the object undergoes more of a change in speed “thus covers more distance in the same time frame” right ?

Wayne

Physics news on Phys.org
We all agreed that the faster reps/flaps used far far more energy in the same time frame, but NO ONE said why ? If you use more energy in moving a body part faster in the same time frame, you “must” use more power, as more physical work is done and as we said more energy, so this in turn can mean only one thing, that we used more force/strength to use more energy to move the object more distance or do more work in the same time frame.

If not, HOW can the object move faster and further in the same time frame if you don’t use more force/strength ?

Wayne

I would like another try here please, as I am not sure if the members seemed to understand my question, which is above and below. No one actualy told me how much force was used and how/why ? As we do know that in the below you fail roughly 50% faster in doing the faster reps, thus this would mean you are putting more tension on the muscles as of the more force used.

Question, which uses the more force,
A,
As I have say lifted the 80 pounds up and down 1m for 6 times in 6 seconds, I have moved the weight 12m in all, but the slower repper has only lifted their weight 2m in 6 seconds, as I have lifted the same weight 10m more in the same time frame, “how” can the slow repper have used as much total or overall force ?

B,
In .5 of a second I have moved the weight 1000mm, the slower repper on the other hand has moved the weight only 166mm, just tell me HOW you think you have used the exact same force, but only moved the weight one sixth of what I have moved it. DO NOT YOU AGREE THAT I HAVE USED MORE FORCE/STRENGTH TO DO THIS ? AND IF NOT WHY ? HOW CAN WHAT YOU THINK, THE SAME FORCE MOVE THE SAME OBJECT IN THE SAME TIME FRAME 166MM AND 1000MM ? ITS JUST IMPOSSIBLE.

C,
Impulse. When a force is applied to a weight, it changes the movement of that body. A small force applied for a long time can produce the same movement change as a large force applied briefly, because it is the product of the force and the time for which it is applied that is important. BUT BOTH THESE FORCES ARE USED FOR THE SAME TIME, the only way the slower force could catch up if it went on longer, then it would move the weight the same distance.

Problem,
I lift 80% or 80 pounds of my 1RM {repetition maximum} 1m up and 1m down 6 times in 6 seconds, they lift 80% or 80 pounds of their 1RM {repetition maximum} 1m up and 1m down 1 time in 6 seconds, who uses the most overall or total force, or who puts the most tension on the muscles in the 6 seconds

Wayne

1. What is the difference between average force and force/tension used?

The average force is the total force exerted on an object over a period of time, divided by the duration of that time. Force/tension used, on the other hand, refers to the amount of force or tension that is being applied to an object at a specific point in time. It is a more specific measurement of force.

2. How is average force calculated?

To calculate average force, you divide the total force exerted on an object by the duration of time over which it was exerted. This can be represented by the equation Favg = Δp/Δt, where Favg is the average force, Δp is the change in momentum, and Δt is the duration of time.

3. What factors affect the amount of force/tension used?

The amount of force or tension used can be affected by various factors, such as the strength of the applied force, the mass of the object, and the surface area of contact. Other factors can also come into play, such as friction and air resistance.

4. How does the direction of force/tension impact its measurement?

The direction of force or tension can impact its measurement because it affects the vector components of the force. For example, if a force is applied at an angle, the total force will need to be broken down into its horizontal and vertical components in order to accurately measure the force/tension in a specific direction.

5. Why is understanding force/tension important in scientific research?

Force and tension are fundamental concepts in physics and play a crucial role in understanding the behavior of objects. They are used in a variety of scientific research, such as studying the motion of objects, the effects of different forces on structures, and the mechanics of various systems. Understanding force/tension can also help in solving real-life problems and developing new technologies.