TED Video: Eve Ensler: Embrace your inner girl

In summary, the conversation discusses the content of Eve Ensler's work, which shares her experiences with women in over 50 countries. The speakers mention concerns about the appropriateness of the content for a young audience, but ultimately agree that it is not inappropriate, though it may cause discomfort due to moral reasons.
rhody
Gold Member
Don't let the title fool you, the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_Ensler" of her experience with women in over 50 countries.

Rhody...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
How raw rhody, this has to be something a 13 year old can comfortably watch.
Evo,

Give it a look, graphic language, if you feel comfortable pulling it please feel free to do so. I thought it had some worth. I hesitated before posting anyway, your call.

Rhody...

Glad you posted it. I watched the first half, or a bit more. Strong stuff, but not improper. I think if it makes one uncomfortable (too weak a word, aghast) it is primarily for moral reasons, not because of impropriety.

1. What is the main message of Eve Ensler's TED talk?

The main message of Eve Ensler's TED talk is to encourage women to embrace their inner girl and reject societal expectations and stereotypes of what it means to be a woman.

2. What inspired Eve Ensler to give this TED talk?

Eve Ensler was inspired to give this TED talk after reflecting on her own struggles with accepting her femininity and observing how girls and women are often taught to reject their "girlness" in order to fit into a male-dominated society.

3. How does Eve Ensler define "inner girl"?

Eve Ensler defines "inner girl" as the pure, unapologetic, and joyful essence that exists within all women, regardless of their age or societal expectations.

4. What are some ways that women can embrace their inner girl?

Eve Ensler suggests that women can embrace their inner girl by being vulnerable, expressing their emotions, and rejecting societal pressures to conform to certain beauty standards or behaviors.

5. How does embracing your inner girl benefit not only women, but society as a whole?

Embracing your inner girl benefits not only women, but society as a whole by promoting authenticity, empathy, and inclusivity. When women are encouraged to embrace their true selves, they can also inspire others to do the same, creating a more accepting and diverse community.