Get Expert Resume Critique for Your First Job Fair | Tips and Expectations

• Thread starter leright
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Resume
In summary, the speaker is planning to attend a job fair and would like some pointers on their resume. They have already talked to career services but want an additional opinion. They also ask for tips on what to expect at a job fair and if anyone knows of an upload site for their resume.
leright
So there is a job fair coming up Thursday which I plan to attend. It is my first job fair and I want to do things right. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could look over my resume and give me some pointers. I've already talked to career services about it, but I would like an additional opinion. Below is a picture of the resume.

[deleted]
Also, for those of you that have attended a job fair before, what exactly should I expect? Any tips regarding job fairs in general?

thanks a lot

edit: does anybody have an upload site they could point me to?

["image" deleted because it was an advertisment - Zz.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I understand the importance of presenting yourself professionally and effectively at a job fair. Your resume is often the first impression potential employers will have of you, so it's crucial to make it stand out. I'm glad to hear that you have already sought advice from career services, but it's always beneficial to seek additional opinions.

In terms of your resume, I would suggest focusing on highlighting your relevant skills and experiences that align with the types of jobs you are interested in at the job fair. Keep it concise and easy to read, with a clean and professional layout. It's also important to have a strong and personalized pitch prepared to introduce yourself to potential employers.

As for what to expect at a job fair, it can vary, but typically there will be a variety of companies and organizations with booths set up to meet and talk with potential candidates. It's a great opportunity to network, learn about different companies, and potentially even have on-the-spot interviews. My tip for job fairs is to research the companies beforehand and come prepared with specific questions to ask each one. Also, make sure to dress professionally and bring multiple copies of your resume.

As for uploading your resume, there are many online platforms available such as LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor where you can create a profile and upload your resume for potential employers to view. Additionally, many job fair websites may have a section for uploading resumes to share with participating companies.

Good luck at the job fair and I hope you find success in your job search!

1. What is a resume critique?

A resume critique is a detailed analysis and evaluation of your resume by a professional to identify areas of improvement and provide feedback on how to make it more effective.

2. Why is a resume critique important for a first job fair?

A resume critique is important for a first job fair because it helps you make a good first impression and stand out among other applicants. It also ensures that your resume accurately reflects your qualifications and skills, increasing your chances of getting hired.

3. How can I get an expert resume critique?

You can get an expert resume critique by reaching out to a professional career counselor or resume writing service. They have the expertise and knowledge to provide valuable feedback and advice on your resume.

4. What should I expect from a resume critique?

You should expect an in-depth review of your resume, including a thorough analysis of its content, format, and overall presentation. The expert will also provide specific suggestions on how to improve your resume to make it more appealing to potential employers.

5. How can I use the feedback from a resume critique to improve my resume?

You can use the feedback from a resume critique to make necessary changes and improvements to your resume. This may include restructuring the layout, revising the content, and highlighting your key skills and accomplishments. It is important to carefully consider the expert's suggestions and make changes accordingly.