Star Atlas Textbook Review

In summary, The Great Atlas of the STARS by Serge Brunier, with photographs by Akira Fujii, is a large and comprehensive book that provides information on constellations, including their names, best seasons to observe, history and characteristics, and advice on observation. It also includes real photographs and standard diagrams of each constellation. While it may not be suitable as a primary star atlas due to its limited number of stars, it is a valuable resource for those unfamiliar with constellations. One should note that some copies may come with defects, such as two transparency sheets for one constellation. Overall, the book is highly recommended for stargazing enthusiasts and has received positive reviews from users.
kyle_soule
Not forcing a topic just to be the first to post a review of an astronomy book or anything, I just thought perhaps some of you may be interested in one of the most helpful star atlases i have used, to-date.

It is The Great Atlas of the STARS by Serge Brunier, photographs by Akira Fujii.

It is a large, spiral binded, book that gives you information on the constellations, along with a real photograph of them.

The information provided on the constellations includes: Name, Best season to observe, history and characteristics, advice on observation, and along with a whole page photograph of the constellation, is a standard diagram of the constellation (complete with standard information).

The book itself is about 14.23 x 11.16, which makes for large pictures of the constellation, on top of each picture is a transparency sheet that allows you to move ontop the picture to get the diagram of the constellation.

This atlas, by no means, should be your primary star atlas, due to the lack of stars included in the diagram's, but it is invaluable to those who are unfamiliar with the constellation and want to know exactly what they are looking for.

SPECIAL NOTE: Mine came defective with two transparency sheets for Gemini!

I got this atlas as a gift for Christmas, and have since used it on every outing, under the stars [with binoculars], and I love it.

http://www.fireflybooks.com/media/4...75/interior/1552096106.interior01.jpg[/PLAIN]

Likes Attu
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks I was just was going to buy this book on amazon

1. What is the "Star Atlas Textbook Review"?

The "Star Atlas Textbook Review" is a comprehensive review of astronomy textbooks that covers topics such as the history and science behind astronomy, as well as the latest advancements and discoveries in the field.

2. Who wrote the "Star Atlas Textbook Review"?

The "Star Atlas Textbook Review" was written by a team of scientists and educators with expertise in the field of astronomy.

3. What makes the "Star Atlas Textbook Review" a reliable source?

The "Star Atlas Textbook Review" is considered a reliable source because it is written by experts in the field of astronomy and is based on scientific research and evidence. It also undergoes a thorough review process before publication.

4. How is the "Star Atlas Textbook Review" helpful for students and educators?

The "Star Atlas Textbook Review" provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of the field of astronomy, making it a valuable resource for students and educators. It can also help guide the selection of appropriate textbooks for classroom use.

5. Is the "Star Atlas Textbook Review" available for free?

The "Star Atlas Textbook Review" is not available for free, as it is a published review that requires payment for access. However, it may be available through a university or institution's library or through online databases.

Back