Where Do You Publish New Patterns?

• Thread starter Edwin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Patterns
In summary, new patterns can be published in various places such as online platforms, magazines, books, and even through self-publishing. These options provide opportunities for designers to share their patterns with a wider audience and potentially earn income from their work. Additionally, social media and online communities also offer a way for designers to showcase their patterns and connect with other creators. Ultimately, the decision of where to publish new patterns depends on the designer's goals, target audience, and preferred method of distribution.
Edwin
Suppose you discover a pattern involving prime numbers, or some other pattern in numbers that may be important to some mathematicians, but the pattern is so simple and straight forward that it does not really rate a whole paper to be written about it. Where do you submit simple patterns for publication? That is, if you discover a pattern in mathematics, how do you, formally, go about puting it out there?

Inquisitively,

Edwin

Physics news on Phys.org
If it is simple and straight forward... I have a feeling it's already been discovered. Have you looked at various publications in the field to make sure it hasn't already been discovered?

Well, if you're talking about patterns of primes or integers...

You may want to have a look at http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/

and

http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/Submit.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reference and input!

Best Regards,

Edwin

A revolutionary paper in maths can be as short as they come.
Be sure it actually is new and interesting, though.

Edwin, I am calling your bluff!
'New Patterns' are posted right here!
I am not hitting credibility, merely a form of dis-belief...

Your right!

I placed the new pattern here last year!

Best Regards,

Edwin

So...what's the pattern?

I suspect you're going to need to prove your pattern formally before it will be taken very seriously. At least show that it is true for arbitrarilly large values of n using a computer. Going up to n=9 is not going to cut it.

Yep,

That's the pattern.

I ran the pattern past the math department at my college, and one of the professors was able to prove, atleast informally, that all products of any two even numbers, and all products of any two odd numbers are contained in the pattern, if I remember correctly. He showed that the products of one even number and one odd number are excluded from the pattern. I'll have to ask him for the formal proof, if he constructed one.

If I remember correctly, I think he used the following algebraic identity

a*b = [(a+b)/2]^2-[(a-b)/2]^2

= (a^2+2a*b+b^2)/4 - (a^2-2*a*b+b^2)/4

4*a*b/4 = a*b

in a quick informal proof that all products of any two even numbers, and products of any two odd numbers are contained in the pattern.

Best Regards,

Edwin

1. Where can I find the latest patterns published by your team?

Our team publishes new patterns on our organization's website, as well as on various peer-reviewed journals in our field. You can also follow our social media accounts for updates on new publications.

2. How often do you publish new patterns?

We aim to publish new patterns on a regular basis, typically every few weeks or months depending on the complexity of the pattern and the availability of resources.

3. Can anyone submit a pattern for publishing?

Yes, we welcome pattern submissions from anyone in the scientific community. However, all submissions go through a rigorous review process by our team and external reviewers before being published.

4. How do you ensure the quality of the published patterns?

All published patterns go through a thorough review process by our team and external reviewers. We also follow strict guidelines and standards in our field to ensure the accuracy and reliability of our publications.

5. Is there a fee for accessing your published patterns?

No, we do not charge any fees for accessing our published patterns. They are available for free on our website and some may also be accessible through open-access journals.