[help] how to prove this equation

• Thread starter goodness52200
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation discusses how to prove an equation and asks for clarification on the variables involved. The summary also mentions using an inequality for integrals to solve the equation and considers the absolute values of the variables in question.
goodness52200
http://xs305.xs.to/xs305/06332/ss.gif

Hello all, how to prove the above equation
thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Could you explain what [tex]s, \sigma , \ j, \ \omega[/tex] are? Are they constants, negative or positive?

hi ViettDao29
s is a complex

Oh... so j is our usual i=sqrt(-1) :tongue:
Use an inequality for integral that absolute value of integral is less than or equal to integral of absolute value. Then consider that

[tex]
|e^{-s}| = |e^{- \sigma}| |e^{-j \omega}|

[/tex]

Now, what is [itex]|e^{-j \omega}| [/itex] ?

Last edited:
Also recall that [tex]\, \left| \int f(x) \, dx\right| \leq \int\left| f(x) \right| \, dx[/tex]

1. How do I start proving an equation?

In order to prove an equation, you must first understand the properties and rules of the mathematical operations involved. Then, you can manipulate the equation using these properties to show that both sides are equal.

2. What are some key strategies for proving equations?

Some key strategies for proving equations include starting with the simpler side, using algebraic manipulations, and substituting variables with known values. You can also try working backwards from the desired result or using mathematical induction.

3. How do I know if my proof is correct?

If your proof follows logical steps and follows the properties of mathematical operations, it is likely correct. You can also check your work by plugging in values to the original equation and verifying that both sides are equal.

4. What should I do if I am stuck while trying to prove an equation?

If you are stuck, try breaking the equation into smaller parts and proving each part individually. You can also try approaching the equation from a different angle or seeking help from a teacher or peer.

5. Can I use diagrams or examples to help prove an equation?

Yes, using diagrams or examples can often provide a visual representation of the equation and help you understand how it works. However, you should still provide logical steps and mathematical reasoning in your proof.