How does a battery work and mostly those you can recharge

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of batteries and the speaker's interest in conducting experiments with them. They mention struggling to find useful information on how batteries work, and are directed to resources such as Wikipedia and books on the subject. The speaker also asks specific questions about electrodes and electrolytes, sharing their experiences with different types of cells.
Jacquesl
How does a battery work and mostly those you can recharge, I’m not able to find some useful info that tells how exactly how a battery work, I will like to do some battery experiment.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
The internet is literally strewn with information about batteries. You might want to start with the Wikipedia page on batteries, or the simpler explanation available under "galvanic cell:"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_cell

The section labelled "Description" gives a very direct and simple explanation of battery electrochemistry.

You should also consider going to your local library and looking up some books on batteries. You will find many.

If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask.

- Warren

Thank you, I will like to know how the electrodes are capable of holding that charge and how the electrolyte operates the stuff.

I’ve previously build a Galvanic cell with only CuSO4 as electrolyte, and copper and iron electrodes, but power is sort of crappy and only last until the iron has formed a Copper layer

I’ve also did a weird one with HCL acid and copper and Aluminium as electrodes, but this puppy gives of large amount of hydrogen and some choking chorine gas, but has a high Amp output and voltage, the HCL really doesn’t like Aluminium, it attacks it, I will really like to know why?

1. How does a battery produce electricity?

A battery produces electricity through a chemical reaction that occurs between the positive and negative terminals of the battery. This chemical reaction creates a flow of electrons, which is what we know as electricity.

2. What type of battery can be recharged?

The most common type of rechargeable battery is a lithium-ion battery. This type of battery is commonly used in electronic devices such as laptops, smartphones, and electric vehicles.

3. How does a rechargeable battery differ from a non-rechargeable battery?

A rechargeable battery differs from a non-rechargeable battery in that it can be recharged and used multiple times. Non-rechargeable batteries, also known as primary batteries, can only be used once and then must be disposed of.

4. How long does it take to recharge a battery?

The time it takes to recharge a battery can vary depending on the type of battery and the charger being used. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few hours to overnight to fully recharge a battery.

5. Is it safe to leave a rechargeable battery plugged in after it is fully charged?

It is generally safe to leave a rechargeable battery plugged in after it is fully charged. Most modern chargers have built-in safety features that prevent overcharging. However, it is always recommended to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper charging and care of your specific battery.