Does the public's perception of Bush's 9/11 response overshadow other mistakes?

• News
  • Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rating
In summary: I think the best thing for him would be a good, long retirement. In summary, Bush has had some good moments and some bad moments. People are split on whether or not they want to see him reelected, but the trend seems to be in his favor.
Physics news on Phys.org
And he's got nowhere to go but down:P

Hopefully, but if the markets keep rallying, he might start looking really good.

Let's hope people vote against Bush, for the sake of the country. The current trend looks good, and no matter how well economic indicators are looking, unless the jobs come back(which they won't, and I'll bet we agree on why), it won't make a difference to the voters. Unfortunately, we also have a problem in this country where people vote for anyone who claims to be a Republican, no matter how much of an idiot he is. That could be the topic of a whole other thread.

I fear we are inevitably doomed to another 4 years with that moron

I know some people who's faith in humanity is on the line... If Bush gets reelected, I know some people who will become really depressed.

Based on coversations I've had with people, a major sentiment in his favor was the way he handled the 9/11 situation. Granted closer examination shows how it was all orchestrated, but most people simply look at the fact that he sent troops to hunt down terroists, and nothing more. That's their main reason for supporting him. And then they try and talk their way out of the tons of other mistakes he's made with the economy and foreign policy.

God help us all.

Originally posted by Zantra
I fear we are inevitably doomed to another 4 years with that moron
The 'traditional' trick maybe be a new war or a serious conflict with a state of the axe of evil. That fits in newcon's strategy.

Originally posted by Zantra
Based on coversations I've had with people, a major sentiment in his favor was the way he handled the 9/11 situation. Granted closer examination shows how it was all orchestrated, but most people simply look at the fact that he sent troops to hunt down terroists, and nothing more. That's their main reason for supporting him. And then they try and talk their way out of the tons of other mistakes he's made with the economy and foreign policy.

God help us all.
Well, it is one of those things...he was the man in charge, and he acted...for a moment, at least, he seemed to some to be a leader. He is a 'good' leader, I guess; he says what people want to hear, he never backs down. At some point, though, the fact that his statements were flawed at best, lies at worst, and his actions have been generally wrong...all that will come out.

1. Why is President Bush's approval rating so low?

The reasons for a low approval rating can vary and are often complex. In the case of President Bush, some possible factors include controversial policies and decisions such as the Iraq War and Hurricane Katrina response, a struggling economy, and a lack of trust in his leadership abilities.

2. How does President Bush's approval rating compare to other presidents?

Every president's approval rating fluctuates over time, depending on current events and public perception. However, President Bush's approval rating remained relatively low throughout his presidency compared to other recent presidents such as Barack Obama and Bill Clinton.

3. Has President Bush's approval rating changed over time?

Yes, President Bush's approval rating has fluctuated over the course of his presidency. It reached its highest point at 90% in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, but steadily declined over the years as his term continued.

4. How is President Bush's approval rating measured?

Approval ratings are typically measured through public opinion polls that ask a representative sample of the population about their opinion of the president's performance. These polls may also ask about specific policies or issues to gauge the public's overall satisfaction with the president's actions.

5. Does President Bush's approval rating affect his ability to govern?

While a low approval rating may indicate a lack of public support, it does not necessarily affect a president's ability to govern. A president can still enact policies and make decisions, even with low approval ratings. However, a low approval rating can make it more difficult for a president to pass legislation or gain support for their agenda.