Obtaining max1, min1, and max2 via Matlab

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter tareqkh
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, the conversation revolves around obtaining max1, min1, and max2 using Matlab. The person asking the question is looking for assistance, but it is not clear if it is for a homework assignment or not. They are also asked to provide more context for their question and to avoid using text speak. Additionally, a suggestion is given to use a peak finder algorithm to achieve the desired results.
tareqkh
Could anybody kindly tell me how to obtain max1, min1, and max2 via Matlab?

Thanks alot

Attachments

• Abdu.jpg
    Abdu.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 465
Physics news on Phys.org

Is this homework?

Absolutely No

tareqkh said:
Could anybody kindly tell me how to obtain max1, min1, and max2 via Matlab?

Thanks alot

MisterX said:
Is this homework?

tareqkh said:
Absolutely No

Then can you please tell us the context of the question? What is the data plot from? Why do you need to find those points? What is your background with MATLAB? Can you use a different programming language to do this problem?

BTW, txt speak like "please" is not allowed on the PF (see the Rules link at the top of the page). I have edited your thread title to get rid of the txt speak.

you'd need a peak finder algorithm first, there's peakfinder.m on the open file exchange. Then you can use matlabs 'sort' to order them from highest to lowest, then your nth entry in that array is nth highest peak.

1. What is the purpose of obtaining max1, min1, and max2 via Matlab?

The purpose of obtaining max1, min1, and max2 via Matlab is to find the maximum and minimum values of a given dataset, as well as the maximum value of a function. This can be useful for data analysis and optimization in various scientific fields.

2. How do I obtain max1, min1, and max2 via Matlab?

To obtain max1, min1, and max2 via Matlab, you can use the built-in functions "max" and "min" to find the maximum and minimum values of a dataset, and the "fminsearch" function to find the maximum value of a function. These functions can be applied to arrays or matrices of data.

3. Can I obtain max1, min1, and max2 for a specific range of data?

Yes, you can specify a range of data for which you want to obtain max1, min1, and max2 via Matlab. This can be done by using the appropriate indexing or filtering techniques to select the desired data points before applying the "max" and "min" functions.

4. Are there any limitations to obtaining max1, min1, and max2 via Matlab?

There are some limitations to obtaining max1, min1, and max2 via Matlab. These functions may not work properly if the data contains NaN (not a number) values or if there are duplicate values in the dataset. Additionally, the accuracy of the results may depend on the precision of the data and the chosen algorithm for calculation.

5. Are there alternative methods to obtaining max1, min1, and max2 besides using Matlab?

Yes, there are alternative methods to obtaining max1, min1, and max2 besides using Matlab. Other programming languages such as Python and R also have built-in functions for finding maximum and minimum values, and there are various statistical software packages that can perform similar calculations.