Presentation on nanotechnology

In summary, a nanotechnology presentation would likely explore the following topics: the physics of nanotechnology, the various applications of nanotechnology, the materials used in nanotechnology, the scientific principles behind nanotechnology.
houman02
Hi, I am doing a presentation on nanotechnology and i don't know what the physics of nanotechnology! can someone find me the basics of nanotechnology physics and how it works and everything pleasezZz. And i don't want a site saying "nano is 1 billiont of a meter" because i already know what nanotechonology is. I just don't know how it works or they build the materials. SO can u please help me? tanx

Physics news on Phys.org
please somone help me i need serious help

Here are a few Nanotechnology topics you could research...

Sunscreen (some sunscreen contains titanium nanoparticles)
Photonic Crystals (Opals in particular will be interesting)
Surface Plasmon Resonance (A bit advanced)
Carbon Nanotubes

Technically nanotechnology is anything that has a scale less than 1 micron, not necessarily as small as 1 nm.

Claude.

I don't really expect that you can get a lot of help based upon the vagueness of your question. A lot of nanomachines are constructed the same way that regular computer chips are, by etching them onto silicon wafers. The subject covers such a huge range, though, that you can barely scratch the surface in a single presentation.

One of my personal favorites is found in the design for next-generation computers, where carbon nanotubes form a conducting filliment so thin that electrons are forced to travel down it "single-file". This means the smallest possible amount of charge (one electron) is distinguishable from no charge, so the presence or absence of individual electrons can be used as bits in computation.

Last edited:
Neat! I hadn't heard of that one before. :cool:
One of my favourites was actually used as the fictional manufacturing method for Iron Man's armour over 25 years ago, and is now being experimented with for real. It's the use of mineral-bearing bacteria, viruses, and such to deposit individual atoms in selected locations. I think that the same approach is being investigated to deliver micro-doses of high intensity drugs and radioactive substances to specific tumour sites.

What is nanotechnology?

Nanotechnology is a branch of science and technology that involves the manipulation and control of structures and materials on a nanoscale, which is about 1 to 100 nanometers in size. It involves designing, manipulating, and characterizing materials at the molecular and atomic levels to create new and improved products and technologies.

What are the potential applications of nanotechnology?

Nanotechnology has a wide range of potential applications, including in medicine, electronics, energy, transportation, and environmental remediation. Some examples include targeted drug delivery systems, more efficient batteries and solar cells, and water purification systems.

What are the potential risks of nanotechnology?

There are some potential risks associated with nanotechnology, such as the release of nanoparticles into the environment, their potential toxicity, and ethical concerns. However, extensive research and regulation are being conducted to ensure the safe use of nanotechnology.

What are the current challenges in nanotechnology research?

Some of the current challenges in nanotechnology research include developing reliable methods for manufacturing and manipulating nanoscale materials, understanding their properties and interactions, and addressing potential risks and ethical concerns. Additionally, there is a need for collaboration between different scientific disciplines to fully realize the potential of nanotechnology.

How is nanotechnology being used in everyday life?

Nanotechnology is already being used in many everyday products, such as sunscreen, clothing, and electronics. It is also being used in medical devices, coatings for cars and buildings, and food packaging. As research and development continue, we can expect to see even more products and technologies incorporating nanotechnology in the future.